Re: Narrow Band Emergency Messages

we1u.david@...

to the group:

Androscoggin ARES/RACES use to work with the Central Maine Regional
Resource Center doing Quarterly Radio Test. Since the Spring we have
joined with NH ARES Hospital Amateur Radio Program, HARP Net on
Wednesdays at 1600L on the first and second week of the month when the
net is held on the Mount Washington 146.655MHz-100Hz Repeater.

We have voiced and fldigi/flmsg HICS-213. Fortunately, we have lately
used only fldigi/flmsg ;)

Digital Modes used have ranged from PSK125, PSK125R, PSK250R,
PSK125RC5, PSK250RC5,8PSK125 and attempted 8PSK500F.

Androscoggin ARES/RACES Net uses PSK125RC5, PSK250RC5, and 8PSK500F.
The PSK250RC5 seems the sweet mode(sweet spot is 1500Hz) it can be
used on Raspberry Pi 3. PSK125RC5 has been the fallback with slower
computers....and Windows boxes ;)

I have some notes for the net:
http://we1u.us/#hospital

and fldigi notes:
http://we1u.us/ham/#fldigi

Question back to the group:

Any plans to have all HICS and ICS Forms in flmsg?

Spellcheck? ;)

SVG(UML?) for (H)ICS diagrams? sometime down the road.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Steve <shansen@...> wrote:
Hi Steve,

I am copying David WE1U who is active in the Hospital Net. He can answer
your questions better than I can.

73, Steve KB1TCE

On 07/16/2018 09:51 PM, Steve Bellner wrote:

Steve,

How often do you hold your hospital nets and when? Do you use D-STAR ? What
about other digital radio modes?

We here in the Toledo Ohio area have been holding hospital nets for a couple
of years and I am wondering if you might share some of what you do.

Thanks.

73,

Steve, W8TER

On 7/16/2018 10:50 AM, Steve Hansen wrote:

I'm a bit late to this thread but we use NBEMS quite extensively in Maine.
In my county all of the town stations, the county EOC and home stations are
equipped to use NBEMS. We also have a local packet network and Winlink but
for real time comms, especially VHF/UHF, NBEMS is fast and efficient.

We also have a NH/ME hospital net that uses NBEMS for data transmission.

73, Steve KB1TCE

On 07/16/2018 10:44 AM, John Corby wrote:

Thanks for all the responses. It's good to know that folks are actually
using NBEMS. I believe that it has a lot of potential that isn't been
utilized. Most people probably think of NBEMS in terms of supporting
emergency services during major disasters. But, there is another dimension
to it in prepping for personal emergencies. I live in a rural area in
southern Ontario that experiences frequent power outages. Often, phone (and
internet) lines are down too. After 24 hours, or thereabouts, cell service
deteriorates as backup power drops. That leaves residents isolated. NBEMS
has the potential to provide independent messaging, or email, capability
until services are restored. This is my principal interest in the
technology.

--
Be Well

David Lowe WE1U