Re: Narrow Band Emergency Messages

Sarah

Hi John:

I live in Los Angeles Co., CA and the volunteer Disaster Communication Service that's allied with the Sheriff's department does weekly net with NBEMS.  (And a second, smaller emergency comms group I belong to in my immediate, local area is resuming a second net this week.)

73, N6OPE.

On 7/14/2018 6:55 AM, John Corby wrote:
Is anybody actually using the FL-suite to send and receive messages? I see a lot a discussion here about the software but no references to it's use for sending narrowband emergency messages. I have been quite enthusiastic about the use of NBEMS for exchanging messages - especially during power and phone line outages - but I haven't actually found anybody to exchange messages with. Is anybody else in the same situation, or is this group really a software dscussion group?

John, va3kot, EN93