Re: Narrow Band Emergency Messages

John Higgins

Colorado ARES meets at 0830 MT on 2nd and 4th Sundays on 3590 Center.  Start on PSK31 then other modes as needed to exercise FLAMP and FLMSG.  We periodically move on to WinLink Express to further exercise Soundcard ops.  On our FSK Digital nets, we often use the FLMSG application to move formatted messages.

73,

John Higgins, N6VTS
719-330-0916

On Jul 14, 2018, at 08:25, W2TLJ <tjoneson@...> wrote:

The NYS RACES routinely use NBEMS FL suite to send messages as does the NYS DOH. Great product at the right price.
Tom Joneson W2TLJ

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018, 09:55 John Corby <va3kot@...> wrote:
Is anybody actually using the FL-suite to send and receive messages? I see a lot a discussion here about the software but no references to it's use for sending narrowband emergency messages. I have been quite enthusiastic about the use of NBEMS for exchanging messages - especially during power and phone line outages - but I haven't actually found anybody to exchange messages with. Is anybody else in the same situation, or is this group really a software dscussion group?

John, va3kot, EN93