Re: Updating Fldigi on the Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspian

Ed W3NR

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 10:31:44 -0700
"David Ranch" <linuxham-fld@...> wrote:

Hey Ed,

Why not just change it to Rpi and be done with it.
Just my $0.02 but since Fldigi needs some decent horsepower to run
properly, that negates the use of a Raspberry Pi v1, Raspberry Pi
Compute module, Raspberry Pi Zero, and Raspberry Pi Zero W. It's due
to them being based on a single, old ARM CPU with too little RAM.
I've generally found if documentation isn't prescriptive enough,
people will try it anyway and complain when it doesn't work. :-)
You would be surprised at what I've seen people try and do with respect
to fldigi & friends. Never ceases to amaze me. There is someone
somewhere that will try the above. Guaranteed.

Hope you all are planning on testing the build on all of them
before you make changes to the wiki.
Well.. I can't imagine anyone has actually built and tested Fldigi
builds on every Debian based Linux distribution. That would be an
immense job
I meant the Rpi's

--David
KI6ZHD