Re: Receiving computer detects and changes operating modem to match incoming message?

Jim Jones

When you have both of the boxes (RxID and TxID) ticked marked, then when you
transmit, the TxID will send a code of what mode your using. The receiving station
would need to have there RxID ticked on and then if they are not on the same mode
it will automatically change to the mode your sending in.  The same would happen to
your station, if you have the RxID ticked and the sending station has his TxID ticked and
is sending in a different mode to you, your FLdigi will change to the correct mode and
you will copy the traffic.  I use them all the time.
73
Jim N9DIX

On 2/18/2018 20:44, Sarah wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I inadvertently transmitted a message during an NBEMS net with the operating modem set to one of the MFSK protocols instead of MT63-2KL.   Three or four people received that transmission and they all had the same experience:  their computers apparently recognized the incoming modem protocol and “automatically” changed from MT63 to MFSK.  We chalked it up to good experience but weren’t sure why it happened.  A ham with a lot more experience than me later explained that FLDIDI will automatically make this adjustment – i.e., it will change to match the operating modem of an incoming message when the and TxID buttons [top, right corner of the FLDIGI screen] are both clicked on.

<snip>