Re: Shortwave Radiogram all-Olivia-64-2000 transmission this weekend

W. T. Jones

Ron and Kim,

Decode here was 'almost flawless' with just a few hits and an operator error that lost a bit of the beginning. My bad....

The Fldigi log of the xmsn is attached and hopefully groups.io won't delete it.

Good job Kim! Too bad Trump went Radio Silent. I still enjoy listening to recordings of Roosevelt and Reagan's radio broadcasts.

And no I was not alive for Roosevelt's Fireside Chats. Ron might have been but not me.

A great week to all!

Regards,

WT
Real heroes do not wear capes. They wear dog tags, turnout gear, and badges!

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Ron <rwenig@...> wrote:
Hi WT,

Well, I am copying bits and pieces here.  I fired up the other computer and followed Kim over to the SDR in Tasmania, Australia and copying about 50% there on Fldigi.  Fired up another instance of Fldigi and connected to the Web SDR in Brazil and now copying more.  The Web SDR's are very interesting.  Sometimes I cheat when I'm net control on the Pa NBEMS net and will have another Fldigi running and receiving the Web SDR in Milford, Pa, K3FEF.

I've been finding out that Web SDR runs ok on my Linux computer but my Windows computer it gives me buffer overruns and stops receiving audio.

Kim, hopefully you copied the Web SDR in Tasmania, Australia ok.

73, Ron NY3J

On 11/26/2017 6:51 PM, W. T. Jones wrote:
Same here in Duryea PA.

Dropped like a rock.

I am still copying the Olivia 64-2K though I can't hear the audio at all.

Regards,

WT
Real heroes do not wear capes. They wear dog tags, turnout gear, and badges!

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Ron <rwenig@...> wrote:
Kim,

Between 17:30 and 18:00 eastern I stopped hearing WMRI almost immediately.  Is there just a break in the transmission or did propagation change that quickly?

Ron NY3J

On 11/26/2017 6:19 PM, kd9xb wrote:
The 11580 kHz signal is really bad down here in Virginia.

I will decode here and via SDR in Tasmania, Australia.