Re: flmsg 4.0.4.5 alpha posted

Mike P.

Ok, Dave. I did a clean reboot and restart of fldigi.
Manually changed to the appropriate op-mode
before each test, centered on 1000Hz, turned off
fldigi squelch.

The first time neither decoded. I noticed that even
though I was set on 1000Hz, the signal was not.

So I changed my center freq to 995 to match the
8PSK125F and it decoded. I changed my center
freq for the 8PSK250F so it matched the signal
on 988 and it also decoded nicely.

These op-modes appear to be very demanding of
their frequency requirements. I last calibrated my
fldigi and soundcard about two-three months ago
using the fldigi on-board WWV utility.

So, where do we go from here? :-)

--- Mike Pompey, AE7XB
Port Orchard, Washington state

On 15 Nov 2017 at 17:41, Dave wrote:

Download these two test wav files:
* 8psk125f.wav
* 8psk250f.wav
Then play them back using fldigi's "File/Audio/Playback" facility.  Signals are centered at 1000
Hz on the waterfall.  Both correctly decode on fldigi 4.0.12 and 4.0.13.1
David
On 11/15/2017 05:23 PM, Mike P. wrote:

I was and still am using Fldigi 4.0.12, Linux version.

And so was the other gentleman I was doing the
testing with, he was using the Windows version.
The 8PSK125F and 8PSK250F do not work.

Just so ya know, I keep Flidig and all it's companion
programs current. The Fldigi NBEMS Communication
Suite is awesome.

73

--- Mike Pompey, AE7XB
Port Orchard, Washington state

On 15 Nov 2017 at 17:55, Ron wrote:

Mike,

The problem with 8PSK modes not decoding was fixed with the latest
release of Fldigi. Download and install Fldigi 4.0.12.

73, Ron NY3J

On 11/15/2017 5:31 PM, Mike P. wrote:

Dave, I tested the Flmsg alpha-test with another
ARES member and there are problems.

The 8PSK125F and 8PSK250F op-modes do not
decode, garbage send and receive. All others
work just fine. Tks.

73

--- Mike Pompey, AE7XB
Port Orchard, Washington state

On 15 Nov 2017 at 12:03, Dave wrote:

At www.w1hkj.com
* 64 bit MacOS build ......... flmsg-4.0.4.5.dmg
* compressed source archive .. flmsg-4.0.4.5.tar.gz
* 32 bit OS X i386 build ..... flmsg-4.0.4.5_i386.dmg
* 32 bit OS X G4 build ....... flmsg-4.0.4.5_ppc.dmg
* Windows install exe ........ flmsg-4.0.4.5_setup.exe

Includes these code changes:

Calendar widget
* Fix to year display bug

Min Mode List
* Update list of compatible fldigi modes

73, David, W1HKJ

Electronics usually stop working once the magic smoke is released.