Re: Remote operation with ICOM 7300

David Ranch

Hello Lew,

Both programs support the Icom 7300 so other than upgrading to the newer versions of code, what else do you need to know?  Is there a specific reason why you want to use this RS-BA1 program over say Flrig?

--David
KI6ZHD

On 10/27/2017 07:18 AM, Lew wrote:
My school club, W2CXN, needs to operate by remote control inside the
building. We have been using a Raspberry Pi and P4 tower running Debian
to control an FT-897 for a few years. The Pi runs FLRIG and the PC runs
FLDIGI.

Thanks to the generosity of alumni, we got a new IC-7300 in September.
The ICOM RS-BA1 remote software runs in Windows.  We are now waiting for
the arrival of a promised donation of a Windows PC.

While we wait, we are trying to prepare.
We would appreciate feedback from anyone who has used the NBEMS package
with the RS-BA1 program to remotely control the 7300.