Fldigi V4.0.11 bugs

Mike P.

Hello, I'm sending this message to inform you of
a problem with Fldigi v4.0.11, and to ask some
questions about Flmsg.

1. There appears to be a bug in Fldigi v4.0.11.
We were doing some opmode testing on local ARES
digital training nets.  The opmode being tested
was 8PSK1000 and 8PSK1000F.

Nobody was able to decode either opmode. My OS
is Linux and a few others on the net were using
the Windows version so the problem does not
appear to be OS specific.

We did some testing with these opmodes last week
on two separate digital training nets on different
repeaters (VHF and UHF) and they worked brilliantly.
But last week we were using Fldigi v4.0.10.  So it
appears that something went off into the weeds with
the latest Fldigi version. For the present we have
all rolled back to version 4.0.10.

By the way, from our own testing last week, we have
decided that opmode 8PSK1000F is more reliable than
8PSK1200F.

2. The 8PSK opmodes, both plain vanilla and the
FEC versions have been implemented on Fldig and
Flamp.  But the FEC versions are not available
on Flmsg.  Is there a technical reason why this
has not been done or has it been an oversight?

We are all excited about the 8PSK modems and
would like to see all versions available across
the entire Fldigi Communications Suite if it is
possible.

73

--- Mike Pompey, AE7XB
    Port Orchard, Washington state