Re: Auto Serial Number function not working in FLMSG

Sarah

Yes  - see #2    The serial number is supposed to automatically increase isn't it?   respectfully!  Sarah

On 5/21/2017 4:44 PM, Dave wrote:
Works correctly on my systems.  Are  you using the File / New menu item before preparing a new message?  You can't simply reuse the original message.

David

On 05/21/2017 05:47 PM, Sarah Dickey wrote:

Greetings FLDIG/FLMSG users:  I am using FLDIGI/FLMSG on a Windows 7 Pro platform.  FLMSG will attach a serial number in the default name for message files and it uses the number I designate in configuration options for files.  What doesn’t work is the subroutine that automatically increases that number for the next new message file doesn’t work.  Every new message is assigned the same serial number.  This is the case with FLMSG versions 4.0.2 and 3.00.2.

(1)    The idea that the programming includes a subroutine to automatically increase serial numbers is an assumption on my part.  (What would be the point of deliberately giving different messages the same serial number?)

(2)   This happens even though I am opening and sending a new message on a new form, (not just editing and resending an existing, saved file.)

I’m curious if this happens on other platforms:  Mac, Windows 10, Linux, Android…