Re: FLamp block recovery after crash

Bob Cameron

That's what report/fetch does, so emulate that (manually) in a TX frame and yes it will just send those blocks. The sending station can also enter specific blocks to be retransmitted by manually entering a comma separated list.

This is usually the first way that flamp is run, with a voice exchange asking for the missing blocks!

Bob VK2YQA

On 30/03/17 12:39, J T wrote:
Never thought of that situation, so that brings a question to mind: can you manually request specific blocks for a resend?

Jeff - kg7hdz

On Mar 29, 2017, at 3:25 PM, Larry Levesque <ka1vgm@...> wrote:

So that could be an answer.
Always record the audio to your hard drive.
Hard drive space is cheap!

Although it would be nice if there was a temp file to retrieve in instances like that.

Any you thought you were retired Dave!

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 07:55:47AM +1100, Bob Cameron wrote:
I would say not. (Hoping to be proved wrong though!)

I started a flamp rx session (using a pre recorded wav) and killed
(KILL) flamp part the way through. Apart from debug_log.txt, no
temporary/partial files had been written to the .nbems directory...

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

On 30/03/17 06:26, jagdkampf@... wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to recover blocks from FLdigi logs and transfer
them back into FLamp if FLamp crashes.  Recently had a drill where a
station had all but 2 of the missing blocks but when he tried to
report his FLamp shut down and he lost of the blocks he had complete.
Band conditions were rough so we didn't really want to resend the
entire file.

N7WWA

--
Larry Levesque