Re: Beacon

"Greg" <cajin_77@...>

--- In NBEMSham@..., "w7oze" <w7oze@...> wrote:

A station is being used as a mail server, likewise it has its beacon
turned on. If another station connects as in delivering mail, the beacon
is turned off as expected. Upon a disconnect, I would expect the
beacon to start its timer and continue to perform its functionality as
a beacon, but at this time the beacon is disabled. One must manually
turn the beacon on again. Can we return to the beacon mode upon a
disconnect?
I think this was probably intentionally done as it keeps the human
operator in the loop. I don't think we would want this to become
another winlink type of software where we set up NBEMS stations and
have them go fully automatic. I think that would defeat the purpose of
NBEMS.

Greg
KC7GNM