Re: Connect Retries...

w1hkj <w1hkj@...>

Thanks for your patience and testing Jeff. I have found an error in the logic surrounding retry and timeout counters. I have made changes to the code and am doing internal tests.

The extra space that you see at the front of some of the transmissions is probably caused by noise detection in the MMVARI control. This can occur even if you are not connected to a transceiver. The MMVARI control seems to generate random rx characters at the trailing end of every transmission. The effect gets worse as the psk baud rate increases. The defect has been reported to the MMVARI author, but I have not received any reply to my request for a fix or for access to the source code to the MMVARI control. The multiple <SOH> characters that you see at the beginning of each transmission are there to mask the false decodes and also to force the psk afc loop to fully lock before valid characters are transmitted. flarq ignores multiple <SOH> characters.

73, Dave, W1HKJ
NBEMS development team