Re: Flmsg as a Stand-Alone Forms Application

Dave Newmyer <dnewmye@...>

Our state ARES digital group uses FLMSG with both RMS-EXPRESS and AIRMAIL software. Also, we have used it with tnc-based mailboxes. In some cases we rename the .213 extension to .txt for sending as file attachments, then rename the extension back to .213 .

Have also used FLMSG with voice ARRL Radiogram messages. Like the word number check feature, as well as being able to archive the message plus being able to print out in a professional looking format.

On 5/8/2015 1:33 PM, shansen@... [NBEMSham] wrote:

Question: Are other NBEMS users using flmsg with applications other than fldigi?

Flmsg's flexibility is noted at the start of the Help file, I'm curious about how others are using flmsg in addition to its use within NBEMS.

<<snip>>

POSITION:

(The only thing missing is a way to get the text back into flmsg.)

The other option is to use flmsg's html output and then send the html file. The file is larger than with the other methods but is not overly large (say 1k for a flmsg file, 3k for the html). Certainly far better than sending a scanned document.

Bottom line, a lot of versatility.

So – are others using flmsg with more than NBEMS? If so, how and what might be some current limitations or opportunities for enhancement?

Thanks and 73,

Steve KB1TCE