Voltage sensing diode

Dean Smith

ok just downloaded 0.3.1 build.
I generated with the dfu file manager, the ch.bin from the build but
all i get is a 301 byte file. it processes it too quickly, so i dont think it's successful.
Hmm...

Dean Smith

Just answered my own question, then get more excitment than i bargained for :-) ...thanks guys.
0.3.1 fix ??... no Rune,didn't know 0.3.0 existed til now..

Rune Broberg

Do you have the 0.3.1 fix from edy555 in as well?

--
Rune / 5Q5R

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 21:42, QRP RX <qrp.ddc@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM, Dean Smith wrote:

Aha September firmware with 1500 span 0.2.3 no battery symbol.
The firmware that I mention above supports 10 kHz - 1500 MHz range. The
battery icon bug is fixed. And it is more fresh, it is based on 0.3.0
version from @edy555.

QRP RX

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM, Dean Smith wrote:

Aha September firmware with 1500 span 0.2.3 no battery symbol.
The firmware that I mention above supports 10 kHz - 1500 MHz range. The battery icon bug is fixed. And it is more fresh, it is based on 0.3.0 version from @edy555.

Dean Smith

Aha September firmware with 1500 span 0.2.3 no battery symbol.
Uploaded October 11th firmware battery symbol appears! Yay.
Now to recalibrate...

QRP RX

forgot to mention, this firmware version has modded battery indicator. :)
It has white color for normal battery, yellow color for low battery and red color for critical battery voltage.

QRP RX

You can test this firmware. This is improved version of edy555 firmware v 0.3.0. It shows battery indicator even if diode is not installed.

Also it shows battery voltage on CONFIG => VERSION screen.

Note that firmware assumes that diode voltage drop is 500 mV, so it adds 500 mV for correction.

PS: this version has si5351 hardware check, so if you see the red PLL indicator under the battery it means that you have defective si5351 chip. Defective si5351 may works unstable above 200 MHz.

In addition, this firmware has bug fixes, better noise floor and more precise measurement.

I recommend you to cleanup settings and perform calibration after upgrade. You can perform setting and calibration cleanup with the following console command:

clearconfig 1234

Oristo

I see no battery symbol on the display
May not show when powered by USB

Oristo

I see no battery symbol on the display.
Adding diode only connects sensor

Is it a case of reinstall the firmware, to enable this??
Yes.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H_l_3vnXSgg6AOIngvMEsPpIvRVTG7hq

Dean Smith

Just popped a SMT 1n4148 in D2, but with my 0.2.3 firmware I see no battery symbol on the display.
Is it a case of reinstall the firmware, to enable this??

KV5R

I didn't have an SMT diode so just used an axial 1N4148. Can be done if one forms the leads with fine-point tweezers. It works fine.
Also, used the clipped lead wires to make little hooks for mini-grabbers on VDD and BOOT0, though with the latest firmware jumpering is no longer necessary for firmware loading..
73, --kv5r

Mike_nano

I have two Nanos and neither had the diode. I added the diode shown on the schematic an SD103AWS SMD part and then the battery indicator will work fine. Note it interferes with the battery connector on the board so I had to slice an angle off the bottom side of shell so it would fit back on the board.

I wonder of they left off that inexpensive diode because it interfered with that battery shell?

Igor Jobim

Eu adicionei o diodo 1N4148 (D2 proximo ao conector bateria).
Atualizei o FW 0.2.3-20191008

Joe St. Clair AF5MH

Are some NanoVNAs shipping with the D2 voltage sensing diode installed? None of the ones I have in hand populate the diode and I did not notice it any of the online photos of the interior that I looked at. I see some levels of the firmware show a battery icon. Is that used?