Topics

V2 Design #nanovna-v2

hwalker

erik wrote,,,,

The v2 design is done. I have a prototype. Very good amplitude performance. Some phase noise and somewhat slower scanning compare to V1. But my prototype measures till 4.4GHz so I do not complain
Data acquisition has some differnces due to single receiver design

Erik,
Good news and thanks for the update. Gabriel has been a little quiet lately. I thought she would be doing a little bit more promotional activity ahead of the product release. If you get the time and are not under an NDA agreement, a first-hand review would be appreciated.

I 've always thought if the -V2 was not going to use a large display (>= 4") it should have been packaged like the NNWA and take advantage of a PC to get more data points per sweep. It would be interesting to hear what you think of the display and how the initial version of the software is working out for you. I also would like to know what you think of the dual generator design to eliminate the use of harmonics.

- Herb
- Herb

hwalker

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 02:07 PM, hwalker wrote:

Erik,
Good news and thanks for the update. Gabriel has been a little quiet lately. I thought she would be doing a little bit more promotional activity ahead of the product release. If you get the time and are not under an NDA agreement, a first-hand review would be appreciated.

Roger Need pointed out the following link to the version 2 manual on GitHub, https://github.com/nanovna/NanoVNA-QT/raw/master/ug1101.pdf .

The following was posted by Gabriel on the eevblog group:

" Designs are also released. There is originally one manufacturer who will be selling these, but they are on vacation until the flu is over. "

I haven't seen a post showing what the retail unit will look like, but the native software (NanoVNA-QT) and manual appear to be in good shape.

- Herb

I've gotten news that it's started selling on taobao and tindie will soon follow; should show up if you search "nanovna v2" on taobao.

Glen K4KV

Who is our group tech leader who is going to test it and give a report?

73

Glen K4KV

On 3/4/2020 23:13, Gabriel Tenma White wrote:
I've gotten news that it's started selling on taobao and tindie will soon follow; should show up if you search "nanovna v2" on taobao.

John AE5X

I'm not a tech leader by any stretch but I do have a variety of radar antennas and waveguides for various freqs up to the device's 4.4GHz range that I'll use to test this on. So far, I haven't found it at Taobao or anywhere else.

--
John AE5X
https://ae5x.blogspot.com/

dwabbit

same here  cannot find it anywhere

On 05/03/2020 04:13, Gabriel Tenma White wrote:
I've gotten news that it's started selling on taobao and tindie will soon follow; should show up if you search "nanovna v2" on taobao.

Salil Tembe

I reviewed the first version. I can test this one too. I'm trying to get it through my component dealer in Shenzhen. He is trying to get two for me.
Unfortunately, the taobao seller isnt responding to the messages he has sent.

--
Salil Tembe
(Nuclearrambo.com)

Larry Rothman

Did you actually find it listed on Taobao or are you attempting to buy through a seller that sold the older versions?

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, 9:20:47 a.m. GMT-5, Salil Tembe <@Nuclearrambo> wrote:

I reviewed the first version. I can test this one too. I'm trying to get it through my component dealer in Shenzhen. He is trying to get two for me.
Unfortunately, the taobao seller isnt responding to the messages he has sent.

--
Salil Tembe
(Nuclearrambo.com)

Salil Tembe

Larry,
The seller in Shenzhen is able to see it listed but I can't view it here in India.

--
Salil Tembe
(Nuclearrambo.com)

Larry Rothman

Most likely Chinese Gov't is filtering a lot of info passing through the 'Great Firewall of China' due to COVID19 concerns and this is 'collateral damage'.

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, 9:56:43 a.m. GMT-5, Salil Tembe <@Nuclearrambo> wrote:

Larry,
The seller in Shenzhen is able to see it listed but I can't view it here in India.

--
Salil Tembe
(Nuclearrambo.com)

dwabbit

on a uk VPN cant find a thing   closest vpn i can find is the Philippines.  i find some  nanovna but not the version 2

On 05/03/2020 15:00, Larry Rothman wrote:
Most likely Chinese Gov't is filtering a lot of info passing through the 'Great Firewall of China' due to COVID19 concerns and this is 'collateral damage'.

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, 9:56:43 a.m. GMT-5, Salil Tembe <@Nuclearrambo> wrote:
Larry,
The seller in Shenzhen is able to see it listed but I can't view it here in India.

Salil Tembe

My seller just replied and will shipping 2 units to me by this weekend. Quite excited to get my hands on it.

--
Salil Tembe
(Nuclearrambo.com)

computererds

You made me wonder, so now it's also been tested with a vpn from HK and the
PRC proper--still no results.

Maybe someone can tell me what nanovna v2 translates to in chinese
characters and I can find something.

@Nuclearrambo> wrote:

Larry,
The seller in Shenzhen is able to see it listed but I can't view it here
in India.

Here's the link to the taobao listing: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=611527678459
Although if you are outside China I would wait for the tindie listing; it's supposed to be awaiting approval now.

computererds

Thanks Gabriel! I'll wait on it showing up on Tindie knowing it's on the
way. I can't read enough Chinese to already have made an account on
Taobao--and it would be a little silly to put the $150 deposit in to make
one $50 item order :)

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:39 AM Gabriel Tenma White <
@gabuchan> wrote:

Here's the link to the taobao listing:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=611527678459
Although if you are outside China I would wait for the tindie listing;
it's supposed to be awaiting approval now.

Randall Steffens II

I have a Taobao account and don’t read any Chinese. Just use the Google Chrome browser and it’s auto-translate function. It will automatically translate well enough to make out what to do to set up an account. I was not required to make any deposit at all to set up my account, certainly not $150!

Randy
NC8U

@gabuchan> wrote:

Here's the link to the taobao listing:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=611527678459
Although if you are outside China I would wait for the tindie listing;
it's supposed to be awaiting approval now.

computererds

Ha! That is so much easier Randy, thank you. The 'thousand Yaun deposit'
I thought it said must be a product of how badly I can read Chinese...

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 10:51 AM Randall Steffens II via Groups.Io <pomology=
icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have a Taobao account and don’t read any Chinese. Just use the Google
Chrome browser and it’s auto-translate function. It will automatically
translate well enough to make out what to do to set up an account. I was
not required to make any deposit at all to set up my account, certainly not
$150!

Randy
NC8U

Larry Rothman

Gabriel,Is this the same Maggie that was selling the H4?If yes, can we send an email to purchase it?Thanks

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, 10:39:22 a.m. GMT-5, Gabriel Tenma White <@gabuchan> wrote:

Here's the link to the taobao listing: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=611527678459
Although if you are outside China I would wait for the tindie listing; it's supposed to be awaiting approval now.

Erik Kaashoek

Spec as on taobao:

NanoVNA V2
3GHz second-generation NanoVNA vector network analyzer, based on OwOComm's SAA-2 design, greatly upgraded performance.
specification:
Measurement frequency range: 50kHz-3GHz
System dynamic range (after calibration): 70dB (50k to 1.5GHz); 60dB (to 3GHz)
S11 noise floor (after calibration): -50dB (to 1.5GHz); -40dB (to 3GHz)
Scanning rate: 100 points / second
Number of scanning points (on the device screen): adjustable, maximum 201 points
Number of calibration points (maximum number of USB scanning points): 1024 points
Power: USB, 400mA
RF port: SMA (not RP-SMA!)
USB interface: Micro USB
Display screen: 2.8-inch TFT (320 x 240)
Battery: without battery , can be equipped with 1000-1800 mAh 3.6V / 3.7V lithium battery, 6 * 40 * 60 mm, XH 2.54 connector
Show traces: 4, Marks: 4, Settings saved: 5
Computer software compatible: Linux, Windows (7 and above)
Operation Introduction
Tap anywhere on the screen to open the menu
Setting the frequency range with the STIMULUS menu
Calibration using the CAL> CALIBRATE menu

Price is 350Yan which is at current exchange rate 45Euro or 50$
No housing

--
NanoVNA Wiki: https://groups.io/g/nanovna-users/wiki/home
NanoVNA Files: https://groups.io/g/nanovna-users/files

Roger Need

Here is a pdf with the translation of the Taobao Web site listing for the SAA-2