Topics

V2 aliexpress sellers

PSA: if a listing uses this image (see attached), they are most likely selling random clones. This is a stock image from alibaba and is not necessarily what you will receive!
A proper aliexpress seller that has stock will photograph the items they sell themselves. With few exceptions avoid listings using a stock image (unless it's electronic components).

Don't trust the order count and reviews! One of the listings used to be solder wires and had 11 orders already, then the listing was later renamed to the nanovna (see second image attached). The reviews are not for the nanovna, they are for the soldering wires, which is evident when you see that the reviews have the attribute "diameter: 2mm".

Gyula Molnar

Thank you for sharing this information.
Yes, you have to be very sensible when we order something from a distant land and what is to come.

--
*** nothing is permanent only change ( http://ha3hz.hu/ ) ***

It's flooding ebay now too, and I gave up keeping track because sellers change sources every week.

I recommend holding off on buying the nanovna v2 at the moment. The bulk pricing has already come down, and I expect end user prices to follow soon.

I got news that the Tindie store will reopen very soon, this time selling units manufactured by nanorfe with an enclosure, and they will offer express shipping. I will keep you updated if I get more info.

Larry Rothman

Even Banggood is selling the V2 now. With cables&Cal's and/or simple housing.

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 12:27 PM, Gabriel Tenma White<@gabuchan> wrote: It's flooding ebay now too, and I gave up keeping track because sellers
change sources every week.

I recommend holding off on buying the nanovna v2 at the moment. The bulk
pricing has already come down, and I expect end user prices to follow soon.

I got news that the Tindie store will reopen very soon, this time
selling units manufactured by nanorfe with an enclosure, and they will
offer express shipping. I will keep you updated if I get more info.

Reinier Gerritsen

Last week I received my 2 units from the Tindie store. Big applause for them. I was one of the first to order in early March, but is got stuck in Shanghai for months. Seller sent me 2 new units (now with cables, cal kit and a very simple plastic housing). Sent with TNT, delivered within a week, right on time. So great service from the Tindie store. The original units are on their way back to the seller.
The units themselves perform great. Gabriel, you've done an amazing job! I would never have believed that it was possible to sell a 3 GHz VNA for $60.
The only problem left now is how to get the parameters of the cal kit. But even with some coarse tweaking I got nearly identical results compared to my DG8SAQ VNWA. Around 900 MHz the VNWA is noisy and has lots of spikes, the NanoVNA has lots of noise but this new beauty has no visible noise at all! I hope the PC software will rise to the same level as the VNWA software.
See screenshots and judge for yourselves.

Reinier

Op 7-6-2020 om 18:25 schreef Gabriel Tenma White:

It's flooding ebay now too, and I gave up keeping track because sellers change sources every week.

I recommend holding off on buying the nanovna v2 at the moment. The bulk pricing has already come down, and I expect end user prices to follow soon.

I got news that the Tindie store will reopen very soon, this time selling units manufactured by nanorfe with an enclosure, and they will offer express shipping. I will keep you updated if I get more info.

--
IDcircuits - RFID & Electronics
Het Halster 40

A new review posted on an Aliexpress listings reads "The device is original, which was confirmed by the developer."

I don't remember confirming any device as original. That store used to get their V2s from shengxun, but switched to selling clones some time ago. If you really want to be sure you can always PM me before buying.

Most clones of the V2 now perform ok, but consider buying from the Tindie store/nanorfe if you want to support the original developers (only these two stores remit a percentage of profit to the developers).

Miloš Soukup

Hi Gabriel,

I have bought H4 from eTool Store on Ali.
Pls, what can tell me about it ? Can you?

Just for my curiosity.

Thanks, Miloš

---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Gabriel Tenma White <@gabuchan>
Komu: nanovna-users@groups.io
Datum: 18. 6. 2020 19:08:17
Předmět: Re: [nanovna-users] V2 aliexpress sellers

"

You can post a high resolution picture of the bottom side of the board, and a zoomed in picture of U401 like here: https://imgur.com/a/BMDyw3p and I might be able to identify the manufacturer. I'm pretty sure all the *tool stores on aliexpress sell clones, but they probably perform fine (from what I know the "bad clone" never made it to market).

To check the absolute accuracy, do a calibration up to 3GHz and measure two 470ohm resistors soldered in parallel to an SMA connector like here (rightmost connector): https://hforsten.com/img/vna/cal_kit.jpg   Adjust edelay so that it looks like a dot on the smith chart, and look at the resistance plot. The absolute error of the resistance should be around 15 to 20% when measuring a 235ohm load (2 470ohm resistors in parallel), up to 3GHz. S21 (after calibration) should be around -60dB up to 3GHz with nothing connected to the ports. (if you connect an antenna to port 1, you may see higher S21 even with nothing on port 2, because the antenna radiates into the VNA).

Od: Gabriel Tenma White <@gabuchan>
Komu: nanovna-users@groups.io
Datum: 18. 6. 2020 19:08:17

namerati@...

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 01:07:49AM +0800, Gabriel Tenma White wrote:
Most clones of the V2 now perform ok, but consider buying from the Tindie store/nanorfe if you want to support the original developers (only these two stores remit a percentage of profit to the developers).
Link to the nanorfe store? According to the website it is not open yet:
"The NanoRFE store is planned to open in July 2020 and will have the NanoVNA V2 in stock."

https://nanorfe.com/nanovna-v2.html

David J Taylor

Link to the nanorfe store? According to the website it is not open yet:
"The NanoRFE store is planned to open in July 2020 and will have the NanoVNA V2 in stock."

https://nanorfe.com/nanovna-v2.html

... and no mention of a big-screen, cased version either.

Guess I'll have longer to wait....

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...