NanoVNASharp MOD v3 released

QRP RX

NanoVNASharp MOD v3 is released: https://www.rtl-sdr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4881&p=12524#p12524

Whats new:

- added CAPTURE button, which allows to get screenshot from the NanoVNA
- completely rewritten from scratch communication layer, now it works more reliable
- improved error handling
- fixed calibration bug (calibration code is reworked and now works as expected, added RESET button for calibration)
- improved user interface for calibration (button highlighting, etc)
- fixed frequency setup issues
- improved support for different firmware versions
- improved S1P and S2P export
- added firmware version detect (firmware version now is displayed in the app title)

Current TODO list is to add support for unlimited measurement points.
Let me know if you found bugs or have suggestions :)

#nanovna #nanovnasharp #nanovnasharp-mod-v3 #nanovna-capture #nanovna-calibration

TONY G4WIF

It works great for me - except that the capture button doesn't work.
I get "ERROR - Capture command is not supported". Then followed by "response 11 bytes".

The graphs are very good but the Smith Chart no longer shows frequency as it used to do.
It shows loads of other new stuff that I'm sure will be useful, just not frequency - which is very useful to me.

Kind regards
Tony

QRP RX

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:45 PM, <groupsio@interalia.plus.com> wrote:

It works great for me - except that the capture button doesn't work.
I get "ERROR - Capture command is not supported". Then followed by "response
11 bytes".
this is because you're using old firmware which doesn't supported capture command. You're needs to update firmware in order to get screenshots.
For example, look for this one, it allows to get screenshot from any state, include numpad and version screen:

https://github.com/qrp73/NanoVNA-Q/releases

TONY G4WIF

Thanks for the tip.

Wolfgang Kiefer

Hi QRP RX,
I would suggest a little improvement:
Let in the SWR window a routine find the best (minimal) SWR and it's frequency ! Set automatically the cursor to this position.
Also in the S11 window.
Best regards, Wolfgang Kiefer, DH1AKF

Roger Need

Installed and working well I see a dashed magenta line on many of the plots. It is not obvious to me why it is there. Is it possible to move it or remove it from the graph of data?

vlatko.lovric@...

Hi !

I could not import s1p files from Rigexpert AA 54 ...
No problem with MOD v2.

Not a big deal, but wish to let You know ...

Have a nice day!

DougVL

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 07:22 AM, Wolfgang Kiefer wrote:

Hi QRP RX,
I would suggest a little improvement:
Let in the SWR window a routine find the best (minimal) SWR and it's frequency
! Set automatically the cursor to this position.
Also in the S11 window.
Best regards, Wolfgang Kiefer, DH1AKF
In case it helps, RealD has that in his firmware version, at least in v. 5.4.
It also has the 'feature' of making the jog switch adjust the most recently changed parameter, in this case the sweep center frequency. I didn't realize what was happening when I tried to move the marker and _everything_ moved instead!
Other firmwares also have that action, too, I have since learned.

Doug