Nano VNa H4 saving settings

Tony G1HMO

Hi,
I have just purchased a Nanovna H4 from Hugen's Alibaba store.
Very impressed so far with it, but can anyone tell me is it possible to save a configuration?
For example, when I switch it on, it initially displays all 4 traces, and covers (I think) 50khz to 900MHz, if I turn off trace 3 and trace 4, and set the start frequency to 1.5MHz and the stop frequency to 30MHz, can I save those settings so when I power it back on, it always starts up set to those settings.
I have set things how I want, however when I click save, the menu simply dissapears, from what I can tell, there should be the option to save to a memory sore.
Other than that, I am so impressed with it.

it has firmware 0.4.5-12-gea578a2
build time Jan 18 2020 - 23::13

Tony

hwalker

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 09:59 PM, <tonyg1hmo@...> wrote:

"… can anyone tell me is it possible to save a configuration? …
Tony,
Refer to the Menu Structure Map that came with the NanoVNA-H4. CAL->SAVE->SAVE 0 will save the current calibration and configuration to memory location 0 which the NanoVNA-H4 loads at power-on. You can also save to memory locations 1-4 but you have use the RECALL menu to manually recall the saved configurations.

- Herb

Tony G1HMO

Thanks Herb, that works perfectly.
I saw the 'save'menu item but as it was under 'cal' I wongfully assumed that it would save just the calibration.
I have just saved a cal and settings for 1.6 - 30MHz. which I use mostly as the default into location 0.
When I switch it on, that is now recalled automatically, so perfect, i'll now save the calibration for various bands that I use in the remaining memories and then manually recall them as and when I require them

Regards
Tony

hwalker

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 09:51 PM, <tonyg1hmo@...> wrote:

I saw the 'save'menu item but as it was under 'cal' I wongfully assumed that it would save just the calibration.
I have just saved a cal and settings for 1.6 - 30MHz. which I use mostly as the default into location 0.
When I switch it on, that is now recalled automatically, so perfect, i'll now save the calibration for various bands that I use in the remaining memories and then manually recall them as and when I require them.

Glad to help Tony. That's pretty much how those save locations were intended to be used and how a lot of other members, including myself, use them. I wish there was a way to re-name the save locations to something more meaningful than 0-4. Maybe I'll just add a sticky note to the front or rear of the -H4 to remind me what I have stored in each.

- Herb