Re: V2 and V3 roadmap

Peter Loron

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, August 23, 2020 2:29 PM, Dr. David Kirkby, Kirkby Microwave Ltd <drkirkby@...> wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 at 09:53, Gabriel Tenma White @owo
wrote:

Here are the designs under way and future plans for VNA hardware
improvements:
Some of our engineers are now working for another company on a new product
lineup:

- A full two port 3GHz VNA with 100dB dynamic range across the band. I
don't know if this will feature a display.
3 GHz full 2-port would be great if it had 4 receivers, which would allow
unknown thru calibration. That’s a massive advantage.

But without a display I would personally not buy.

Dave.
The device sounds fantastic. For me, no screen would be ok as long as there was really good, cross platform, open source software to run on a laptop and act as the display. Responsiveness would be important here, so a fast connection (USB-C?) would be necessary. My interest would be using this mostly on the bench, although given the small size, it would be fairly easily portable if I need to take it somewhere.

-Pete