Re: Dreaming a new option for nanoVNA

David J Taylor

David,
The writing to the SD card is every few seconds which will do nothing to prematurely wear out the device. I use an SD card in my dashcam that is written to regularly and it's been good for 3 years now
Besides, you don't put a 128gb part in the Nano, you use a small capacity card that costs $2
... Larry

It's not just how often the card is written, but the data quantity too. It depends on the card design, but each write can cause a much larger block of the card to be written. With intelligent buffering as I suggested. with infrequent small writes, and throw-away cards I agree it's not an issue, but it's something which users may eventually discover - if not in this application then elsewhere.

BTW: the cheapest microSD card I spotted an Amazon were ~$24 for a pack of 5 x 2 GB, or $40 for a pack of 10 x 4 GB!

Cheers,
David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk