Topics

Raspberry Pi 4

Rodney Tanner

Edited

I just got a Raspberry Pi 4.  Does any one else have Raspberry Pi 4.
I am have a problem installing GridTracker, WSJT-X and setting up Icom 7300.
I have no knowledge of Linux commands.

North Augusta Belvedere Radio Club

Rodney;
As you have probably already discovered Linux is completely different from Windows. There is ALOT to learn that can be a steep learning curve. My best advice to get something running is take advantage of much of the work being done for you. Ham Pi is a distribution with lots of programs already installed.
Here is a link to a YouTube video with step by step instructions. One huge tip I can offer is that Linux, unlike Windows, is COMPLETELY unforgiving in typing errors. EVERYTHING is case sensitive. Spaces count! Google is your friend.

[Edited Message Follows]

--
NABRC Treasurer

Dennis

Go to KM4ACK's web page and he has a ton of RPI how to's.  Use his Pi 3 build version 3 as a start.  Watch his videos and you will be able to get started. There is a learning curve to be sure.  You will have to learn a little programing skill in Linux , but not much.  It isn't too hard.

Pete K1OYQ