October 2020 NABRC Monthly Newsletter

Gregory Godsey

K4NAB FB Group Header
ladderln

October Meeting

WHEN: October 12, 2020
7:00 PM - Meeting

WHERE:

Please click the link below to join the webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81415809678?pwd=UENkbFhZZmNwb0hDVGxEYkp0NEV5dz09
Passcode: 038561
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +13017158592,,81415809678#,,,,,,0#,,038561# or +13126266799,,81415809678#,,,,,,0#,,038561#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 814 1580 9678
Passcode: 038561
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/keJk7PNN3C

TALK-IN: TBA

Program: Kevan Nason N4XL, is on deck to give a presentation on baluns.
ladderln

Upcoming Events

TBA
ladderln

Schofield Update

Thanks to the efforts of Schofield Middle School students and AA4UJ, N4SMS has achieved mixed DXCC of 100 countries confirmed. DXCC certificate is on it's way and will be displayed along with the WAS (Worked All States).
ladderln

ARRL National Convention and Orlando HamCation® Postponed to February 2022

ARRL and the Orlando Amateur Radio Club (OARC) have announced that the ARRL National Convention and Orlando HamCation® -- which was to host the convention -- have been postponed until February 10 - 13, 2022. The convention had been set for next February.

"The joint decision came after considering the national public health emergency including the health and safety of all participants, the uncertainty that continues to impact our organizations, and the reluctance to travel to, and attend, large events," said ARRL CEO David Minster, NA2AA. "We regret the disruption to the hard work already completed by so many volunteers preparing for the ARRL National Convention and HamCation."

"While postponing was a difficult decision, our top priority is delivering a safe and successful HamCation experience for everyone, including our attendees, dedicated volunteers, exhibitors, and service partners," said HamCation General Chairman Michael Cauley, W4MCA.

OARC President John Knott, N4JTK, noted that holding the convention in 2022 will mark the 75th anniversary of HamCation -- one of the largest annually held gatherings of radio amateurs in the US. The published gate figure for 2020 was 24,200 for all 3 days.

"We want our diamond anniversary show to be an exciting, five-star event," said Knott. "We look forward to seeing you in Orlando in 2022, and hope that you and your loved ones remain safe in the months to come."

A full day of National Convention programming and training sessions was previously scheduled to precede HamCation. That will be rescheduled for Thursday, February 10, 2022. HamCation will host the rest of the convention on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, February 11 -13, 2022 at the Central Florida Fairgrounds & Expo Park in Orlando.

Cauley said HamCation may organize some online presentations and programs for what would have been HamCation 2021 next February. A QSO party is also under consideration. The HamCation website will soon post details, including information for anyone seeking refunds and other options for pre-purchased tickets and exhibit space. You can follow HamCation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Further details and any changes will be shared via the 2022 ARRL National Convention and Orlando HamCation websites.

From ARRL Letter - October 8, 2020
ladderln

Submissions

If you have anything you would like included in the newsletter, please email club@... with your submission. It can be an article about something Amateur Radio related or an upcoming Amateur Radio event.

Also, visit us on the web and on social media by clicking the images below:

facebook twitter website email
ladderln