Topics

New CSRA DSTAR repeaters on the air

KENT HUFFORD

BEECH ISLAND KM4LOD REPEATERS ARE INSTALLED AND ON THE AIR:

The short stack (VHF/UHF) DSTAR Repeaters KM4LOD B and C are OPERATIONAL.

We move the repeaters to the tower at Beech Island this morning, and competed installation by noon. However, the antenna is only at about 55 feet (that’s as high as the bucket truck could go without climbers). The VHF module has a 100 watt amp, so it should reach out.  The repeaters are fully coordinated, connected to the internet, registered with the US Trust and working great. They are running the new ICOM G3 software. Please give the KM4LOD DSTAR repeats a try. You should hear the VHF one at least. That’s to all that helped out today to make this 3 year journey a reality. Michael Gill from SCETV, Dave Kjellquist, Kevin Kingery, Mike Newland, Charlie Miller, Jim Harris, the Bucket truck team from Aiken Public Schools IT office, and my wife.

SCETV is still planning on running the hard line and two antenna bays on the tower  at about 500 feet, at Beach Island sometime in the near future. Another option is to pay for commercial tower climbers. We have the hard line, hardware, and bay antennas.

 Call sign for the Beech Island DSTAR repeaters.  KM4LOD.

WE have coordinated VHF freqs for the Beech Island DSTAR repeaters.  145.26 -     KM4LOD C We are keeping this on REF001C for now.

AND UHF freqs have been coordinated also  440.55 +   KM4LOD B We are keeping this on REF030C for now.

73

Kent

KQ4KK