Topics

N4SMS SCHOFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL SCR DRAFT WEEK SUIMMARY

KENT HUFFORD

890 TOTAL CONTACTS.

30 DX including Australia (HF BANDS ARE NOT DEAD)

37 SCHOOLS

17 Clubs

50 STATES (all of them and PR)

7 PROVINCES

284,274 TOTAL POINTS

23 HOURS 55 MIN OPERATING

598 CONTACTS ON 40M

285  CONTACTS ON 20M

     7 CONTACTS ON 15M

Of the above, 39 were CW

17 STUDENT OPERATORS

ELMERS – DAVE WB5NHL, MIKE NC8N,  KENT KQ4KK, JIM  KG4ZNN , BRIAN AA4UJ, JIM KN4OQD, TRAY KK4FCI, DARBY KK4PEQ

With 17 student operators, we were very busy.

It is real interesting to watch former students, or current experienced students act like experienced ELMERS!

Dave, WB5NHL held a Technician class during the off times for the students, the whole week!

We put up our new OCF antenna at 40ft on Tuesday, before operating. A great antenna. Thanks to the Aiken County Schools IT department bucket truck and crew.

And Donuts on Wed., Cup Cakes on Thursday, PIZZA on Friday.  Even had a school dance on Friday, just down the hall from the radio shack!

We also handed out the remaining BAOFENG HTs to the new Technicians.

Thanks to all the Elmers that put in over 29 hours each, supporting the school club. It was well worth it. ALL the students got a good bit of mic. time, and a time of their lives talking to places they may never see. YOU want YOUTH in ham radio, YOU have to grow them one at a time..

Kent

KQ4KK

QUOTES OF THE WEEK-

Annie, one of our smart licensed 8th graders was logging. She told the student on the mic to “Speak up and talk a little louder because you are talking to 70 year olds”.

Again, later she said, “You have to talk like you are talking to your grandmother”.

A conversation started about typewriters. One of the students said, “Yea, I know what that is, my Grandmother has one.”

Jim Harris

Kent, I just checked with Billy and everything is good on their end, see y’all at the antenna farm