Topics

N4SMS SCHOFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL SCR FRIDAY NITE DRAFT FINAL

KENT HUFFORD

587 TOTAL CONTACTS

27 DX including Namibia and Romania

31 SCHOOLS

12 CLUBS

55 STATES/PROVINCES (missed Utah, Hawaii and 3 Canadian Provinces)

151,446 TOTAL POINTS

23 HOURS 58 MIN OPERATING

406 CONTACTS ON 40M

181 CONTACTS ON 20M

20 STUDENT OPERATORS… “We may need a bigger boat”

ELMERS – DAVE WB5NHL, KENT KQ4KK, JIM  KG4ZNN , BRIAN AA4UJ, DARBY KK4PEQ, JIM KN4OQD, TRAY KK4FCI,

We have been having some parents stop by. It is great to watch their faces when they watch their son/daughter operate

RICHARD DELOWREY brought 4 dozen cookies. Gone in 30 seconds.

With 20 (2 new) student operators, we were very busy.

It is real interesting to watch former students, or current experienced students act like experienced ELMERS!

FRIDAY was PIZZA DAY! We had 6 PIZZAs today, around 4PM. Took a little longer than 30 seconds to eat them, but not much.

An interesting observation. WE saw fewer college Ham club stations this time. The ARRL also started a separate College “contest” for them in September. Maybe they did this because colleges were tired of getting beat by a small middle school in SC beating them all the time<g>.

All the contacts were done on our 20/40 inverted V wire antenna we setup each day. Made out of $5 of Home Depot house wire.

If any of you have FREE coupons for those RED VOMs from Harbor Freight, we could use some more. PLEASE do not BUY any.

Kent

KQ4KK

Jim Harris

We have been cleared by DR Foster to do our antenna thing
Jim