Topics

Hams re Radio Merit Badge classes

KENT HUFFORD

From: David Vine <davidvine1999@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 6:10 PM

Hello.

There will be a two-session Radio Merit Badge class in Augusta on January 11 and 18, 2020.

A message to Radio Amateurs alerting them to this opportunity will help reach Scouts in their immediate or extended families as well as friends and co-workers who may have Scouts in their families.

The Georgia-Carolina Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) covers these counties in SC; Aiken, Barnwell and Edgefield.

BSA is now a coed organization so it's doubly important to reach out to boys and girls in Scout Troops to introduce them to the art and science of radio. A simple suggestion to a Scout who may be interested in radio informing them of the class is all we need. They can discuss it with their parents and Troop leader(s) and pursue it via normal BSA channels. There is a link for them to sign up for the class: https://forms.tentaroo.com/view.php?id=2539924.

Your help in promoting this would be greatly appreciated because it may result in new YOUNG licensed Radio Amateurs and ARES membership. This is vitally important for the survival and growth of Amateur Radio. That's why I volunteered to teach the class in the first place.

THANKS!

David A. Vine, WA1EAW

Public Information Officer

Amateur Radio Club of Augusta