Topics

FW: Augusta U Ham Radio

KENT HUFFORD

From: Darby Wills <willsdarby@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2019 6:55 PM
To: Kent Hufford <khufford@...>; 'David Kjellquist' <dave@...>; michaelnewland77@...
Subject: Augusta U Ham Radio

Good afternoon,

I am sending this to you all to inform you that there are now 10 new HAMs in the CSRA.  After conducting a class this weekend with one of the professors, we had a 100% pass rate on the technician license, as well as two professors who got all the way to their general licenses.  They took their extra tests too, but the closest that one of them got was four incorrect answers.  We were lucky enough to have VEs willing to come to the session and test this afternoon.  I would like to think that this isn’t too bad for a training class held by a freshman cyber student as well as a history professor.

Composition of the class:

2 Professors with PhDs in electrical engineering

2 Physics students

3 cyber students

3 history students

-Darby Wills

KK4PEQ

Michael Wills

Wow, I’m impressed.  This is one of the ways to bring more into the hobby.
Mike
KA4CSM
Mike31406@...
Sent from my I Pad

I am sending this to you all to inform you that there are now 10 new HAMs in the CSRA.  After conducting a class this weekend with one of the professors, we had a 100% pass rate on the technician license, as well as two professors who got all the way to their general licenses.  They took their extra tests too, but the closest that one of them got was four incorrect answers.  We were lucky enough to have VEs willing to come to the session and test this afternoon.  I would like to think that this isn’t too bad for a training class held by a freshman cyber student as well as a history professor.

Composition of the class:

2 Professors with PhDs in electrical engineering

2 Physics students

3 cyber students

3 history students

-Darby Wills

KK4PEQ

James F. Boehner, MD

Darby,

Congratulations!  Not only too bad, you are a high performer!

EXCELLENT!

’73 de JIM N2ZZ