FW: ACA Meet, Feb.26, 2021, this Fri.6:45 PM on Zoom ma1

Ron Lee

I know some of us are interested in sats, space weather, EME, etc.so I thought this and future presentations might be of interest. Feel free to attend.

Ron Lee WB4RXZ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: showard2@...
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 11:39 AM
Subject: ACA Meet, Feb.26, 2021, this Fri.6:45 PM on Zoom ma1

Astronomy Club of Augusta

serves the CSRA

invites you and yours

on
 February 26, 2021, this Friday 6:45 PM

at

YOUR Place, on Computer or Smartphone

Click after 6:45PM on the Zoom Invitation:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83939425740?pwd=RFpsTVJSZmpBNFBBNlMyZnpnbm01QT09

 Welcome
 Introduction

How (and Why) to be a Space Advocate

It's not enough to be a fan of space—we need to be advocates as well.

Casey will talk through the ways in which individuals can participate as citizens

to advance the cause of space exploration, and why it is so important to engage on these issues.

He will also outline the ways in which government and private space exploration efforts

depend on good policy and good funding—and how you can support both.

Speaker: Casey Dreierhttps://www/planetary.org/profiles/casey-dreier

is Chief Advocate & Senior Space Policy Adviser for The Planetary Society.

Casey is the public face of The Planetary Society's efforts to advance

1. planetary exploration, 2. planetary defense, and 3.the search for life.

He educates and empowers the organization's members to take political action.

He writes, teaches, and speaks to The Society's members, the public, and policymakers

to impress upon them the importance, relevancy, and excitement of space exploration.

We are pleased to welcome Casey to our Astronomy Club of Augusta.

    Q&A

   ACA Meeting Remarks

      1. Next Events:
Star Gaze, Mar.13,
Sat.6:30 PM, NMR-DSO

      Meeting, Mar. 26, Fri.7PM, Virtual ZOOM

      2. Nominating Committee

      3. Scholarships /Grants

      to deserving HS or Tech Teachers

Our ACA Website is having some technical difficulties.

http://www.angelfire.com/ga/astronomyclubaugusta

Please check our emails for dates and events.