Topics

Eye Surgery

Rodney Tanner

I am still trying to find someone to help me get to Eye Guys in Augusta to have cataract surgery Thursday, I need to be there at 9:15am.  My wife doesn't drive.  I will be there at least 3 hours.  Please repond with yes or no.
Phone number is 803-643-7584

Thanks
Rodney

Rodney Tanner

I will give a $100.00 gift card of your choice to the person that can help me get to EYE GUYS in Augusta behind Doctors Hospital and bring me back home.  You can email at wm4rt.hamradio@... or call 803 643 7584.  If you call and there is no id on the phone I will not answer so leave a message on the answering machine.   I've been getting robocalls all day.

Thanks
Rodney

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 10:56 AM Rodney Tanner via groups.io <wm4rt.hamradio=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am still trying to find someone to help me get to Eye Guys in Augusta to have cataract surgery Thursday, I need to be there at 9:15am.  My wife doesn't drive.  I will be there at least 3 hours.  Please repond with yes or no.
Phone number is 803-643-7584

Thanks
Rodney

Brian Robertson

Rodney,

I can only speak for myself, but I doubt money is the issue.  I think people are reluctant to be in a closed space for an extended period of time because of the virus.  I am a senior citizen with some underlying health issues so I proceed carefully when I venture out.

Have you investigated Uber or Lyft?  I took an Uber from the Augusta airport to Aiken last year and it was about 35 or 40 bucks one way.

Brian. AA4UJ

Brian D Robertson
149 Lady Banks Rd.
Aiken,  SC 29803

803.226.3144
BDRobertson71@...

On Oct 20, 2020, at 2:40 PM, Rodney Tanner <wm4rt.hamradio@...> wrote:

[...]

I need someone that can be there the whole time.The person will have to wait in their car during the procedure.
I am having a cataract removed.  Maybe someone else will offer to help me.

Thanks
Rodney

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 3:50 PM Brian Robertson <BDRobertson71@...> wrote:
[...]

I would like to thank Robert Beltran KC2TCJ for helping me get to the Eye Guys in Augusta Thursday.

Rodney
WM4RT

Clint Bradford

Man, if you were in Southern CA, it would be a done deal. Best of luck with your procedure.

Clint K6LCS

Robert Beltran

I was very happy to help out someone who desperately needed a ride to his eye appointment.

 I am 83 yrs old and I don't flinch just because of age or Covid or even distance. Where I see a need I
will respond as needed. I don't give a damm about excuse of reluctant of Covid or any other excuse
that hinders someone getting to a Medical Facility.

Clint Bradford

Good work, Robert.

Rodney Tanner

Bob
My wife and I were out this afternoon.  The Eye Guys left a message on the answering machine. They ask for me to call them back because they are rescheduling me. I will be calling them Thursday morning.  Once I find out I will call you to see if you are free on that day.  I need to talk to them about my left eye. I talk to my wife and I am  going to have my left eye to be nearsighted.

Thanks
Rodney