Topics

BPL in South Carolina

Kevan Nason

A bill has passed both the South Carolina House and Senate to give incentives to electric Co-ops to work with internet providers to use installed power lines to provide high speed internet to rural areas. The bill is now on its way to Gov. Henry McMaster’s desk. SC is also seeking Federal grants to assist in development.

That summary was from:

Kevan N4XL

North Augusta Belvedere Radio Club

I hope the effort is to get fiber etc on the poles and not BPL.  I'm not hopeful. BPL is the easy way out but BPL could mean a long battle with RFI.

--
NABRC Treasurer

Kevan Nason

Discussion recognized the lack of rural fiberoptic cable. The bill is encouraging use of power transmission lines. Thus my reference to BPL.

Kevan N4XL