Topics

BEST DAM RIDE 2020

KENT HUFFORD

BEST DAM RIDE 2020

Sunday April 19, 2020

Time to signup and guarantee your spot!

Almost time for the Best Dam Ride 2020 The date is Sunday April 19th. We (ARCA) need volunteers to man a 16 person communications network around the 100 mile Lake Thurmond course.

This is a lot of fun as the event is a Ride not a Race and therefore not intense. It is a charitable event sponsored by Chain Reaction Bicycle in Evans. This year the ride will support the Augusta Urban Ministries, SORBA CSRA Bike Group, and the Liam Caracci Foundation. The ARCA provides communications support at designated water stops, recovery vehicles for breakdowns, mobile support for sponsor vehicles, and a Network Control Station at the Start/Finish Area in the Lower Dam Recreation Area. You don't have to be an ARCA Club member to volunteer, just a licensed Amateur any class with mobile VHF (2M) equipment capability.

You will receive an event T-Shirt and there is a FREE BBQ in the picnic area after the ride for all participants and volunteers. For detailed information and display of course routes, go to the events tab on the w4dv.club website.

If you want to participate, just click the volunteer button, fill out the form, and submit. We will send you a complete information sheet and keep you informed of any changes as we get closer to the event.

This is our top event of the year and it fills up fast. So don't delay signing up!

73's,

Ray Gannaway - KJ4HZ

kj4hz@...

ARCA Event Communications Coordinator