Sales tax charges on online ham equipment purchases

Carl Juvrud KP2L

Members,
I thought that now all Ham equipment dealers charged sales tax on online purchases.  I was wrong.  I bought a radio from  RandL.com.
To my surprise no sales tax is charged if you live in South Carolina.  Here is their policy:
We charge sales tax when shipping to the following states: Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, New York, Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan, Georgia and North Carolina.

Not sure how they do this, but you might save some money next time.
73
Carl