Re: HF Amplifier

Carl Juvrud KP2L

Rodney,
Aren't you using a vertical antenna???  It might be better to buy the beam first.  Like a hexbeam that you could turn with a light duty rotor.
carl

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 3:03 PM WB5NHL <dave@...> wrote:
My final straw experience was trying to get a schematic for their power supply. The schematic on their web site clearly did NOT match my 10 year old ps. I was told they did NOT have a schematic or any documentation. I wasn't looking for spare parts just a schematic!

On Jun 29, 2021 2:53 PM, "James F. Boehner, MD via groups.io" <jboehner01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

As an interesting story, while I was Director, I made two trips to ARRL/W1AW each year for the board meetings.  W1AW has multiple operating positions, but also has a small workshop.  The door was open, and I saw an Ameritron amp on the workbench. I asked Joe Carcia (caretaker of W1AW) what was going on.  He told me that the amp was inoperative, and that he couldn’t get a reply from Ameritron Tech Support.  I asked if they knew he was calling from W1AW.  He said they did.  I told him, “Joe, PUT IT IN QST!”  He did, and as soon as the issue was published, he was called by the CEO of Ameritron immediately, and they had a new amp sent out to him the next day.

I reminded him about this on my next visit, and he told me “good advice!”

I wish the rest of us could count on that degree of customer service.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ

From: nabrc@groups.io <nabrc@groups.io> On Behalf Of WB5NHL
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 11:24 AM
To: nabrc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nabrc] HF Amplifier

One of the best is Elecraft KPA500 with KAT500 tuner    capable of 500 watts, loafing at 250.  Only drawback is $$$   My opinion is to stay away from Ameritron amps  I have had multiple bad experiences.

On 6/29/2021 9:09 AM, Rodney Tanner wrote:

I am looking for an amplifier to use with Icom 7300.
Need one that put out 250 watts. Any suggestion.

-- 
Dave, WB5NHL
8BDXCC, 314 countries confirmed (mixed current)
Hamshack Hotline x5555

--
Dave,  WB5NHL
Treasurer,  NABRC

--
Dave,  WB5NHL
Treasurer,  NABRC

Join nabrc@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.