Re: HF Amplifier

Carl Juvrud KP2L

Rodney,
Aren't you using a vertical antenna???  It might be better to buy the beam first.  Like a hexbeam that you could turn with a light duty rotor.
carl

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 3:03 PM WB5NHL <dave@...> wrote:
My final straw experience was trying to get a schematic for their power supply. The schematic on their web site clearly did NOT match my 10 year old ps. I was told they did NOT have a schematic or any documentation. I wasn't looking for spare parts just a schematic!

On Jun 29, 2021 2:53 PM, "James F. Boehner, MD via groups.io" <jboehner01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

As an interesting story, while I was Director, I made two trips to ARRL/W1AW each year for the board meetings.  W1AW has multiple operating positions, but also has a small workshop.  The door was open, and I saw an Ameritron amp on the workbench. I asked Joe Carcia (caretaker of W1AW) what was going on.  He told me that the amp was inoperative, and that he couldn’t get a reply from Ameritron Tech Support.  I asked if they knew he was calling from W1AW.  He said they did.  I told him, “Joe, PUT IT IN QST!”  He did, and as soon as the issue was published, he was called by the CEO of Ameritron immediately, and they had a new amp sent out to him the next day.

I reminded him about this on my next visit, and he told me “good advice!”

I wish the rest of us could count on that degree of customer service.

’73 de JIM N2ZZ