Re: Next year ARRL Field Day

Carl Juvrud

Rodney,
Nothing like being prepared!!!   Be careful which generator you choose.  I bought a small Ryobi 2k inverter years back, and discovered it made noise on the ham bands.  You may find that a low priced "inverter generator" is not the way to go.  Dave (WB5NHL) runs a Champion 3.5k conventional generator at our field days and it does not make RF noise. It's not as quiet but it works well.  I'm sure the honda 2k inverter is rf quiet, but it sure is expensive.
73
Carl KP2L

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 5:34 PM Rodney Tanner <wm4rt.hamradio@...> wrote:
I am getting ready for next year ARRL Field Day.
I am going get a Harbor Freight Predator 3500 Watt Inverter Generator,
I am going wire my study/ham shack with a receptacle
that will connected to an outside water proof receptacle. That way
I can plug the generator into it to use as emergency power for
field day.  Got 11 months to get it done.  Also going to get a garden
wagon to haul the generator.