Field Day Thanks

Gregory Godsey

Hello all,

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all their hard work making Field Day an enjoyable event. Despite many obstacles, we managed to do quite well this year.

In particular, I want to thank Kevin, KJ4IVJ for all his hard work throughout Field Day. He kept us up and running despite the technology's desire to stop us! LOL

Thanks to all the hard working operators and support people who made this event possible. Our CW operators are the best and by far, had the best place to operate from. Thank you to Jerry, K7UPJ, for allowing us the use of his beautiful RV for a CW station home. And thank you to Kevan, N4XL, for traveling down from Greenwood to help out as well. It was so good to have you with us!

Thank you to Emergency Management, Paul and his staff, for the use of the trailer, the FLEX 3000's and the porta-potties. They were very important for our SSB operations.

Thanks to Schofield for the use of the 7300 and thanks to Annie and her father Jim who we would never have met if it were not for the hard work of Kent, Mike, Dave and so many others at Schofield. :)

It was so good to see Dr. Marc Tarplee and Dr. Jim Boehner who stopped by for a short visit.

I am sorry that I was unable to stay the entire time. My day job called and I had to help a parishioner's family as they said goodbye to a loved one. But I so enjoyed the 12 hours I had with you all.

Lastly, while Kent Hufford, KQ4KK, was unable to be there, his presence was felt none-the-less. He was greatly missed and we hope he will heal quickly so that he can continue as our Trail-boss for such events!

Again, thank you all for all your hard work and I am so looking forward to next year!

--
73,

Gregory Godsey, K5CVD
* 2015-2019 North Augusta Belvedere Radio Club President
* ARRL Volunteer Examiner
* SCHeart Member

Follow us on Twitter at @nabrc_k4nab.