Topics

INDIA

Dan Goldfarb

Members,
This comes from the WRTH Facebook page.
The source through that website's editor is Devarjan Sankaranarayan.
Apparently all MW/AM transmitters operating below 2MHz will be turned off  from April 2019.
Potentially lots of transfers between the 2 spreadsheets will be needed.
Given the vast rural areas in India this is a surprise. Obviously one to watch both by monitoring and through checks on Jose Jacobs' website and others.
73 and 88 Dan

Colin Miller

What about all those DRM transmitters they installed during the past few years? I assumed that they would eventually replace the analog units. Seems like a waste to me.

Colin

Chris Youlden

On 19/01/2019 15:51, Colin Miller wrote:
What about all those DRM transmitters they installed during the past few years? I assumed that they would eventually replace the analog units. Seems like a waste to me.
Colin
Agreed, Colin. I was thinking the same, it was All India Radio's long term project, I thought.

A list from DRM is here:

https://goo.gl/azmKZV

Click on 1.

--
Chris

Paul R

I’m not so certain, there was an announcement just before Christmas that the National Programme located in five cities will be switched off.

https://thelogicalindian.com/news/all-india-radio-closed/

Paul