Topics

VIRTUAL AUDIO CABLE INSTALLATION

Larry Sparks KF8FF

Is there a nice document someone can recommend that describes how to install a Virtual Audio cable on Windows 10?  I am preparing to downlink INMARSAT via SDR# decoded by JAERO or similar decoder.

Thanks, Larry

Shawnerz

Larry,
If you haven't paid already, you might want to consider VBCables. Much cheaper.
I have VBCables installed, but I don't decode any of the Inmarsat formats.
For my needs, the default settings worked.
Thanks,
-Shawn

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 6:38, Larry Sparks KF8FF
<sparcom@...> wrote:
Is there a nice document someone can recommend that describes how to install a Virtual Audio cable on Windows 10?  I am preparing to downlink INMARSAT via SDR# decoded by JAERO or similar decoder.

Thanks, Larry
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#2522): https://groups.io/g/multipsk/message/2522
-=-=-
The Multi Mode Digital Software for Amateur Radio, SWL, Utility DXing, Aircraft and ship monitoring and more!  <br /><a href="http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm" target="_blank">http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm</a><br />Moderated by Andy K3UK and Gary K7EK
-=-=-
Group Owner: multipsk+owner@groups.io
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Jim McCusker - KC3FFX

You can download a single set for free from

There are plenty of YouTube videos showing how to install them.

Good luck!

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 7:38 AM Larry Sparks KF8FF <sparcom@...> wrote:
Is there a nice document someone can recommend that describes how to install a Virtual Audio cable on Windows 10?  I am preparing to downlink INMARSAT via SDR# decoded by JAERO or similar decoder.

Thanks, Larry -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#2522): https://groups.io/g/multipsk/message/2522
-=-=-
The Multi Mode Digital Software for Amateur Radio, SWL, Utility DXing, Aircraft and ship monitoring and more!   <br /><a href="http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm" target="_blank">http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm</a><br />Moderated by Andy K3UK and Gary K7EK
-=-=-
Group Owner: multipsk+owner@groups.io

MadMike

Hi Larry,

1. As you are in the MultiPSK group, why are you looking at JAERO to decode Inmarsat traffic, when MultiPSK can decode both EGS and AERO traffic?

2. Although others have recommended VBCables, you should note that the free version only allows you to set up a single Virtual cable, for more than that you have to pay and then the maximum is 3 links. For Inmarsat decoding there are many active frequencies so it is more effective to pay for Virtual Audio Cable which allows you to set up virtually unlimited numbers of links (I use 10) connecting to 10 copies of MultiPSK and thus capture all the traffic at once.

3. VAC comes with a very comprehensive User Manual which guides you through both simple and advanced installation methods.

Larry Sparks KF8FF

Thank you , Mike!  I finally created a cable yesterday by CAREFULLY following the directions on VB cables.  I do plan to use Multipsk as well for decoding.  My biggest problem is that I have been using Apple units for years and the only Windows PC I have is for hamming.  Switching from Apple Greek to Windows Greek is a challenge for me!

This is my first venture into L and C Bands and am most interested in creating some home made patch antennas with cooking ware purchased at out local Dollar Tree store.  It is not often one can create an antenna from a $1 pizza or baking pan!  Especially without cutting my fingers! Ha Ha.  I will probably decode some of the traffic and move on to other rather exotic applications!  GDay, Mike!

Larry