Topics

Test version 6 of the Multipsk version 4.43.1 - Integration of the SDRplay rsp_tcp.exe V.1.1 for the RSPdx receiver

Patrick Lindecker

Hello to all,

I propose this test version 6, which adds the possibility to make work RSPdx receiver with the new rsp_tcp.exe V.1.1:
http://f6cte.free.fr/MULTIPSK_4_43_1_test_version_6.zip

Paste this address in your Internet Explorer or equivalent. Download the file.
Extract the ZIP file and replace the “official” Multipsk.exe with this test version. Before, make a copy of the “official” Multipsk.exe, in case of.

There are also 4 others files: the new rsp_tcp.exe V.1.1 and 3 dll necessary to make it work.

If you have a RSPdx receiver, after having installed the last SDRuno 1.4 version, click on the “SDRplay options” button, push the “rsp_tcp V.1.1” button, then click on “Quit”.

It remains only to push the “SDRplay” button to connect your RSPdx receiver to Multipsk.

Thanks to your reports to the group.

Here is the new text for  SDRplay, from the Multipsk manual:

- If the "SDRplay" button is pushed, for any SDRplay receiver, the I/Q signal is taken from the key through the "rsp_tcp.exe" TCP/IP server. According to my tests, the "rsp_tcp.exe" server works with Windows 10 and, possibly, with previous versions (Vista for example), this depending on the files missing and to be downloaded from Internet. It needs a powerful PC. The sampling frequency is initially 250 KHz, then it is switched to 1 MHZ for all modes except for ADSB for which it is using a 2 MHz sampling frequency.
The defaut TCP/IP parameters are given below (they can be changed by pushing on the "SDRplay options" button):

  • The address is the local loop one: 127.0.0.1
  • The port is the 1234 one.
  • The rsp_tcp.exe version is the 1.0 one.

Moreover, the "+Speaker" may be pushed, to listen to the demodulated sound.

The "Transceiver" window on the "RX/TX" screen permits to control the frequency and the gain (see Transceiver).

To make this interface possible, several files are located in the Multipsk directory:

  • mir_sdr_api.dll
  • msvcr100.dll
  • pthreadVCE2.dll
  • vcruntime140.dll
  • rsp_rcp.exe (thanks to F4FHH Nicolas and SDRplay)

Moreover for the rsp_rcp.exe version 1.1 (thanks to SDRplay), compatible with SDRUNO V.1.4 (using API 3.07 instead API 3.06):

  • msvcr110.dll
  • libpthread.dll
  • sdrplay_api.dll
  • rsp_tcp_V_1_1.exe (rsp_tcp.exe version 1.1 renamed to distinguish it from the rsp_tcp.exe version 1.0).

Associated with "rtl_tcp.exe" and "SDRplay", by pushing on the "SDRplay options" button, it is opened a box in which it can be changed:

  • the IP adress: the standard local IP address is 127.0.0.1. For a distant server, paste the server WEB IP adress,
  • the port: the TCP/IP port used, by default, is the number 1234, but it can be changed with the spin button, from 1231 to 1250. So several occurrences of Multipsk can be started, each one connected to a server and so to a different receiver. For this, the PC must be very powerful,
  • the rsp_tcp.exe version used, either 1.0 by default, or 1.1 by clicking on the "rsp_tcp V.1.1" button.

By clicking on the "RSP2 bias-tee", the bias-tee (4.7 V / 100 mA max at the ANT-B antenna output) of the SDRplay RSP2 can be set ("On") or reset ("Off"). Note that this option is not stored, by precaution. So, it will be necessary to configure this option at each Multipsk start-up.

About the RSP2 model (with the rsp_tcp version 1.0):

If the direct interface with Multipsk does not work (with an error message), try this procedure (thanks to Christian and Fred):

1. start "rsp_tcp.exe -E" (from the Multipsk folder), with, for example, the "SDRPlay_RSP2.BAT" batch file in the Multipsk package.
Note that it can be added the parameter "-P0" = PORT A (default) or "-P1" = PORT B or "-P2" = HIz

2. start Multipsk,

3. press on the "SDRplay" button and, possibly, on "+Speaker" to listen to the demodulated sound

4. press on the "RX/TX screen" button

About the rsp_tcp.exe V.1.1:

It permits to directly make work all the SDRplay receivers (RSP1, RSP1A, RSP2, RSPdx), but it needs the installation of SDRuno version 4.

For more information, look at the Mike (KA3JJZ) WEB page:
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk

Philip

Hello Patrick.

Now running test version 6. Everything is working as it should, with my RSPdx.

Thanks Philip G7JUR

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick.

Works with RSP2duo also.  Thanks for your efforts.

Fred

Patrick Lindecker

Thanks Philip and Fred for the good reports .

Now running test version 6. Everything is working as it should, with my RSPdx.

Thanks Philip G7JUR

mike agner

Edited

It seems we have a lot to put into the wiki. I will look at this tomorrow evening.  One correction - the SDRUno version is 1.4 RC2, not version 4  Mike

mike agner

Edited

The obvious question is does this procedure work with the other SDRPlay devices. I note that the RSPDuo seems to work; did you need to use the previous instructions (using a bat file, etc.) or just following the RSP DX instructions?

I am anticipating that the other RSP instructions will be obsolete once the test version of MultiPSK goes live. In that case we might have to rework the connection instructions for the other RSP devices.

As I'm not always around, it would be helpful if someone would tag me when the release candidate of SDRPlay 1.4 goes live so I can adjust the wiki accordingly. The same goes for the test version of MultiPSK - when it goes live, I will also need to adjust the wiki. I usually see that since I'm on the mailing list.

I guess the same needs to be said when SDR Console v3 goes live. We may need to revisit this again

Mike

mike agner

Another thing to note; do the restrictions with the RSP2 and Duo still apply with this new version?

Mike

Andrew O'Brien

If using other RSP SDRs , does this new version do anything different or is it the same as previous versions when using an SDRPlay RSP?

Andy K3UK

On Jul 5, 2020, at 4:25 PM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Thanks Philip and Fred for the good reports .

Now running test version 6. Everything is working as it should, with my RSPdx.

Thanks Philip G7JUR

agene

Hi Andrew,

It works on my RSP1, RSP2 and RSPdx all using exactly what the original RSP instructions were, just run MultiPSK and on the Configuration screen select  SDRplay  and if necessary select Bias-T in the SDRplay options menu, click on RX/TX Screen and it should work as usual

Hello Andy,

The behavior is the same as before for previous RSP (RSP1, RSP1A and RSP2).

Now running test version 6. Everything is working as it should, with my RSPdx.

Thanks Philip G7JUR

Hello Mike,

There will be no other test version. Once this question of SDRplay receivers clear, I will issue the 4.43.1 version.