SdRPlay RSPDX - Interface with Multipsk

agene

Hi Mike,

Thats not even warm, we had 48 deg C here last year, about 120 deg F :-)

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia

mike agner

Hm, is it correct to say that the test version 5 of MulitPSK is needed along with the beta of SDRUno?  That's I think the 2nd time the test version 5 has been mentioned

Mike

Philip

Hello Mike.

You must have API V3.07 installed.

Philip G7JUR

agene

I have only tried your .dlls with the Test v5 which seems to work well.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

So it seems that you could start directly the RSPDX receiver from Multipsk (as the RSP1A) without need to start RSP_TCP before (as with RSP2)? Do you confirm?

If so, I will propose both versions in the Multipsk package, i.e.:

·         RSP_TCP version 0 called “RSP_TCP.exe” as usual and by default,

·         RSP_TCP version 1 renamed “RSP_TCP_V_1_1.exe” (with its DLL) and a button called “RSP_TCP V.1.1” in the SDRplay options (to configure it by default).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de agene
Envoyé : samedi 4 juillet 2020 01:02
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] SdRPlay RSPDX - Interface with Multipsk

Hi Mike,

Sorry for delay in response, I am in Australia which has a large time difference from either Europe or USA.

I just copied the 3 files from your SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip file into the MultiPSK folder (test v5)

Ran multipsk from the desktop icon, and in the Config screen Clicked on SDRplay and in the Options selected to turn on the Bias-T

Went to the RX/TX screen and selected AERO

Both my RSPdx and my RSP2 worked fine with this method of operation.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Philip

No. You dont need the test version.
Philip.

agene

Hi Patrick,

I don't know much about the various .dlls etc used in your interface, however the following is working for me with my 3 different RSP radios.
RSP1 (original model)
RSP2
RSPdx

I am using the latest versions of:-
 SDRuno v1.4 Release candidate 2
MultiPSK v4.43 Test v5
plus the libpthread.dll, rsp_tcp.exe and sdrplay_api.dll included in Mike Agar's file SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip

With this setup, all 3 RSP radios work correctly in MultiPSK with no need for anything else.

Unfortunately, I can't use any of these settings in real life, as I need to run multiple VRX with my RSP receivers to receive multiple utility stations simultaneously, so have to use SDRuno along with up to 10 copies to MultiPSK to do this.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the information. I will issue a test version 6.

>have to use SDRuno along with up to 10 copies to MultiPSK to do this.

What PC (CPU) have you? It must be very powerful!

Patrick

Envoyé : dimanche 5 juillet 2020 01:07

Hi Patrick,

I don't know much about the various .dlls etc used in your interface, however the following is working for me with my 3 different RSP radios.

RSP1 (original model)

RSP2

RSPdx

I am using the latest versions of:-

SDRuno v1.4 Release candidate 2

MultiPSK v4.43 Test v5

plus the libpthread.dll, rsp_tcp.exe and sdrplay_api.dll included in Mike Agar's file SDRplay_RSP_TCP_1.1_API3.07_Windows.zip

With this setup, all 3 RSP radios work correctly in MultiPSK with no need for anything else.

Unfortunately, I can't use any of these settings in real life, as I need to run multiple VRX with my RSP receivers to receive multiple utility stations simultaneously, so have to use SDRuno along with up to 10 copies to MultiPSK to do this.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

agene

Hi Patrick,

I have a desktop with Intel i7 processor, 32 gig Ram and a Nvidia GFX2070 video card, along with a 43" monitor, so it does indeed run a bunch of MultiPSK copies.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Your message:

Hello Mike,

Patrick

Patrick Lindecker

Thanks for the information Mike.

43’’! Yes I guess that you can run many applications in the same monitor

I note that a SDRplay receiver cannot manage several channels and as many TCP/IP links, in the same time. Perhaps in the future.

Patrick

Envoyé : lundi 6 juillet 2020 03:36

Hi Patrick,

I have a desktop with Intel i7 processor, 32 gig Ram and a Nvidia GFX2070 video card, along with a 43" monitor, so it does indeed run a bunch of MultiPSK copies.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Your message:

Hello Mike,

Patrick

Avast logo

www.avast.com

mike agner

All right I think I have this done...

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk

Is this correct?  Do the other older instructions still work with this new version?  I saw in a later thread that the Duo may have some additional issues. 

Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

Here my remarks :

·       “Using the test version of MultiPSK (4.43.1 version 6) with the new rsp_tcp V.1.1”

·       « Using MultiPSK with the default rsp_tcp V.1.0”

·          “Connecting the RSP1 and RSP1A with the default rsp_tcp V.1.0”

·         “Options (port/address)” button  (I forgot a “d”)

·         « Connecting the RSP2 and RSPduo with the default rsp_tcp V.1.0”

·         « Connecting the RSP DX with the new rsp_tcp V.1.1”

·         “Click on the “Options (port/address)” button” (I come back to the previous caption☺)

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de mike agner
Envoyé : mardi 7 juillet 2020 00:00

All right I think I have this done...

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk

Is this correct?  Do the other older instructions still work with this new version?  I saw in a later thread that the Duo may have some additional issues. 

Mike

Avast logo

www.avast.com

mike agner

Edited

I'm very confused. The options port/address button isn't a part of the SDR DX instructions (at least the last set I saw), so it doesn't belong there.

There's nothing here to talk about how the new version rsp_tcp v1.1  works with the RSP Duo and RSP2.  We know there are some issues with the RSP Duo (which we'll have to mention) , and I will look to see if there are any issues with the RSP2. 

I would think you would want to isolate the versions because eventually the new version of MulitPSK will be released, rendering the old one obsolete. At that point I am going to have to consider dropping the old instructions.

And what about the startup instructions for the other RSPs using the new version 1.1 rsp_tcp?  Are they the same as the old instructions, or not?  And if there are differences, what are they?

???   Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

Yes it is a bit fuzzy. I will consider that rsp_tcp V.1.1 is for RSPdx and V.1.0 for the other SDRplay receivers (with the same instructions as before), this to issue the 4.43.1 version this week.

Below is what will be proposed in the manual:

- If the "SDRplay" button is pushed, for any SDRplay receiver, the I/Q signal is taken from the key through the "rsp_tcp.exe" TCP/IP server. According to my tests, the "rsp_tcp.exe" server works with Windows 10 and, possibly, with previous versions (Vista for example), this depending on the files missing and to be downloaded from Internet. It needs a powerful PC. The sampling frequency is initially 250 KHz, then it is switched to 1 MHZ for all modes except for ADSB for which it is using a 2 MHz sampling frequency.
The defaut TCP/IP parameters are given below (they can be changed by pushing on the "Options (port/address)" button):

• The address is the local loop one: 127.0.0.1
  • The port is the 1234 one.
  • The default rsp_tcp.exe version is the 1.0 one.

Moreover, the "+Speaker" may be pushed, to listen to the demodulated sound.

The "Transceiver" window on the "RX/TX" screen permits to control the frequency and the gain (see Transceiver).

To make this interface possible, several files are located in the Multipsk directory:

• mir_sdr_api.dll
  • msvcr100.dll
  • pthreadVCE2.dll
  • vcruntime140.dll
  • rsp_rcp.exe (thanks to F4FHH Nicolas and SDRplay)

Moreover for the rsp_rcp.exe version 1.1 (thanks to SDRplay), compatible with SDRUNO V.1.4 (using API 3.07 instead API 3.06), and particularly aimed to make work the RSPdx model:

• msvcr110.dll
  • libpthread.dll
  • sdrplay_api.dll
  • rsp_tcp_V_1_1.exe (rsp_tcp.exe version 1.1 renamed to distinguish it from the rsp_tcp.exe version 1.0).

Associated with "rtl_tcp.exe" and "SDRplay", by pushing on the "Options (port/address)" button, it is opened a box in which it can be changed:

• the IP address: the standard local IP address is 127.0.0.1. For a distant server, paste the server WEB IP adress,
  • the port: the TCP/IP port used, by default, is the number 1234, but it can be changed with the spin button, from 1231 to 1250. So several occurrences of Multipsk can be started, each one connected to a server and so to a different receiver. For this, the PC must be very powerful,
  • the rsp_tcp.exe version used, either 1.0 by default, or 1.1 by clicking on the "rsp_tcp V.1.1" button.

By clicking on the "RSP2 bias-tee", the bias-tee (4.7 V / 100 mA max at the ANT-B antenna output) of the SDRplay RSP2 (and RSPduo) can be set ("On") or reset ("Off"). Note that this option is not stored, by precaution. So, it will be necessary to configure this option at each Multipsk start-up.

About the RSP2 and RSPduo models (with the rsp_tcp version 1.0) :

If the direct interface with Multipsk does not work (with an error message), try this procedure (thanks to Christian and Fred):

1. start "rsp_tcp.exe -E" (from the Multipsk folder), with, for example, the "SDRPlay_RSP2.BAT" batch file in the Multipsk package.
Note that it can be added the parameter "-P0" = PORT A (default) or "-P1" = PORT B or "-P2" = HIz

2. start Multipsk,

3. press on the "SDRplay" button and, possibly, on "+Speaker" to listen to the demodulated sound

4. press on the "RX/TX screen" button

About the rsp_tcp.exe V.1.1 (rather aimed to the RSPdx model):

Push on the "Options (port/address)" button and then on the "rsp_tcp V.1.1" button.

It permits to directly make work all the SDRplay receivers RSPdx and probably RSPduo (but also the RSP1, RSP1A and the RSP2 and RSPduo models but control problems on the port selection), but it needs the installation of SDRuno version 1.4.

For more information, look at the Mike (KA3JJZ) WEB page:

Patrick

Envoyé : mercredi 8 juillet 2020 01:53

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm very confused. The options port/address button isn't a part of the SDR DX instructions (at least the last set I saw), so it doesn't belong there.

There's nothing here to talk about how the new version rsp_tcp v1.1  works with the RSP Duo and RSP2.  We know there are some issues with the RSP Duo (which we'll have to mention) , and I will look to see if there are any issues with the RSP2. 

I would think you would want to isolate the versions because eventually the new version of MulitPSK will be released, rendering the old one obsolete. At that point I am going to have to consider dropping the old instructions.

And what about the startup instructions for the other RSPs using the new version 1.1 rsp_tcp?  Are they the same as the old instructions, or not?  And if there are differences, what are they?

???   Mike

Avast logo

www.avast.com

mike agner

OK I am projecting forward with the wiki to the time you release 4.43.1.  I have added 2 sections per your notes from last night (my time) - one for RSP TCP 1.1 and the other for RSP TCP 1.0.  The 1.0 instructions are basically unchanged from what they were; however I've added sections for 1.1 for the other RSPs, not just the DX version. Some folks have already tried using 1.1 with their RSPs and we need to document what the correct procedure is for these.

The URL is https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk

Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Nice document Mike.

Some remarks :

·         The chapters numbers don’t appear on the text body (“1”, “1.1” etc)

·         On « Using RSP TCP v 1.1”,  “rsp_tcp_V_1_1.exe “ will be also added in the Multipsk package,

·         On “Connecting the RSP DX” replace “SDRplay options”by “Options (port/address)”

·         On « Using RSP TCP v1.0 », write “rsp_tcp.exe” instead “rsp_rcp.exe”

Patrick

Envoyé : mercredi 8 juillet 2020 14:58

OK I am projecting forward with the wiki to the time you release 4.43.1.  I have added 2 sections per your notes from last night (my time) - one for RSP TCP 1.1 and the other for RSP TCP 1.0.  The 1.0 instructions are basically unchanged from what they were; however I've added sections for 1.1 for the other RSPs, not just the DX version. Some folks have already tried using 1.1 with their RSPs and we need to document what the correct procedure is for these.

The URL is https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connect_the_SDRPlay_RSPs_via_TCP_IP_to_Multipsk

Mike

Avast logo

www.avast.com

mike agner

OK all done. As for the 'chapter' numbers, the wiki really doesn't work that way.  These are logical headers that work very similarly to those in Microsoft Word.  If you think they will add clarity, I can easily add them into the title. 

Once you release the new version, I'll grab it so I can include a screen shot of the new settings on that port/address button. 

Now all we need are the details for the other RSPs if they use the new version. How about it folks - how does the RSP1, 1A, 2 and Duo (which I know still has issues) connect with this new version? Patrick, I think you have a RSP1A and you said in another message that it works the same way as the DX, but what about the others?  If they all work the same way, I need only drop all those sub-headers.

Mike

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Mike,

>If you think they will add clarity, I can easily add them into the title. 
In my opinion, yes. Naturally, one searches the chapter number which corresponds to his/her need.

>I think you have a RSP1A and you said in another message that it works the same way as the DX

Mike (Simpson), the 5th of July said that the V.1.1 works on RSP1, RSP2 and RSPdx.

If you have a RSP1A which works perfectly with the 1.0 version, there is no real need to change to the 1.1 version…

Patrick

Envoyé : jeudi 9 juillet 2020 03:05

OK all done. As for the 'chapter' numbers, the wiki really doesn't work that way.  These are logical headers that work very similarly to those in Microsoft Word.  If you think they will add clarity, I can easily add them into the title. 

Once you release the new version, I'll grab it so I can include a screen shot of the new settings on that port/address button. 

Now all we need are the details for the other RSPs if they use the new version. How about it folks - how does the RSP1, 1A, 2 and Duo (which I know still has issues) connect with this new version? Patrick, I think you have a RSP1A and you said in another message that it works the same way as the DX, but what about the others?  If they all work the same way, I need only drop all those sub-headers.

Mike

Avast logo

www.avast.com

mike agner

OK I'll add them in the next day or two. But from later messages, it seems there's still an issue.....Mike