Topics

SdRPlay RSPDuo - Interface with Multipsk?

Paolo

Ciao Patrick !

I'm sorry for all the trouble and bother you're going through with these RSPs!!! ...
For your info, Yes, I have SDruno v 1.4 beta version 1 with API 3.07 and RSP_TCP v1.1.

But I read that the group friend Fred seems to have done it... I wrote to him today.
I also use the SDR Airspy R2 which gives me a lot of satisfaction (more than the various RSPs..).

73, Paolo iz1mll

Il 06/07/2020 12:07, Patrick Lindecker ha scritto:

Hello Paolo,

Yes it seems that it does not work on this RSPduo receiver (the error 10061 is typical of this type of problem).

Have you previously installed the SDRUNO V 1.4 beta version, so to work with the SDRplay API V3.07, and consequently to be able to work with the RSP_TCP V.1.1?

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Paolo via groups.io
Envoyé : dimanche 5 juillet 2020 15:25
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : [multipsk] SdRPlay RSPDuo - Interface with Multipsk ?

Hi Patrick

I have the SDRPlay RSPduo, (sw 1.4RC2) not the RSPdx, I'm trying your new test 6 version but I get an error as you can read below...
Maybe it's not compatible with my hardware?

73, Paolo iz1mll

Avast logo

Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.
www.avast.com

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick and Paolo,

I do have the RSD2duo working with SDRuno v 1.4 beta version 1 with API 3.07 and RSP_TCP v1.1.

I can get the radio to tune BUT only on the default antenna port.  The P0, P1, P2 commands that I
had been able to use from batch files no longer seem to work.  The Bias-T command does work
from MultiPSK, but only on the second tuner, which I can not seem to activate with the -P1 command.

I have a question though.  Are you trying to use this process while SDRuno software is running?  If so, that
will not work and will give the same error.

I have not had to use the 1234 info anywhere.

This effort has become very complicated.  I hope this helps,

Fred

Patrick Lindecker

Thanks for the information Fred.

So, in other words:

*  the RSPduo works (in the same way as the RSP2) with the previous version RSP_TCP (V.1.0),

* it  also works with the new version RSP_TCP V.1.1., but it misses some controls (P0, P1, P2 and partially the Bias-T), so for the RSPduo, it’s better to continue with the RSP_TCP V.1.0.

Could you confirm?

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Fred Albertson
Envoyé : lundi 6 juillet 2020 22:44
Objet : Re: [multipsk] SdRPlay RSPDuo - Interface with Multipsk?

Hi Patrick and Paolo,

I do have the RSD2duo working with SDRuno v 1.4 beta version 1 with API 3.07 and RSP_TCP v1.1.

I can get the radio to tune BUT only on the default antenna port.  The P0, P1, P2 commands that I
had been able to use from batch files no longer seem to work.  The Bias-T command does work
from MultiPSK, but only on the second tuner, which I can not seem to activate with the -P1 command.

I have a question though.  Are you trying to use this process while SDRuno software is running?  If so, that
will not work and will give the same error.

I have not had to use the 1234 info anywhere.

This effort has become very complicated.  I hope this helps,

Fred

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick,

That seems correct.  I tried to find out the syntax and set of commands for the Version 1.1, to verify that
they had changed,  but I was unsuccessful. 

The Bias-T command does work, but I can not figure out how to switch to that antenna port for use. 
The only port that the Bias-T works on, with the RSP2duo,  is the 50 Ohm, Tuner 2 port.  If I hook
the antenna cable to that port and use the MultiPSK Bias-T button, the voltage IS supplied to the
Tuner 2 port under control of MultiPSK.  I do, however see some "Bias-T Error" statements in the
feedback from Version 1.1. That feedback is extensive and might be of use in troubleshooting.

I'll continue to experiment, but I will probably take your advise and fall back to the V1.0 and SDRuno
1.3 until this all shakes out.

Any comments from the Group would be appreciated...

Fred

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Fred,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it seems more reasonable to return to the V.1.3, at least until the 1.4 official issue, except for RSPdx receivers for which there is no other solution.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Fred Albertson
Envoyé : mardi 7 juillet 2020 16:35

Hi Patrick,

That seems correct.  I tried to find out the syntax and set of commands for the Version 1.1, to verify that

The Bias-T command does work, but I can not figure out how to switch to that antenna port for use. 
The only port that the Bias-T works on, with the RSP2duo,  is the 50 Ohm, Tuner 2 port.  If I hook
the antenna cable to that port and use the MultiPSK Bias-T button, the voltage IS supplied to the
Tuner 2 port under control of MultiPSK.  I do, however see some "Bias-T Error" statements in the
feedback from Version 1.1. That feedback is extensive and might be of use in troubleshooting.

I'll continue to experiment, but I will probably take your advise and fall back to the V1.0 and SDRuno

Fred

Avast logo

L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
www.avast.com

WB9EZB

Hello all,
I am running multipsk 4.43 and
Using a Sdrplay RSP1. I can use
I/Q interface if I run rsptcp before starting multipsk. With
The new version of multipsk will
I still have to run rsptcp before
Starting multipsk?  Thanks Patrick for a great program !

On Jul 7, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello Fred,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it seems more reasonable to return to the V.1.3, at least until the 1.4 official issue, except for RSPdx receivers for which there is no other solution.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Fred

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Patrick Lindecker

Hello,

Curious, I have a RSP1A receiver and I don’t need to start rsp_tcp.exe before, as the connection is direct (i.e. once I push the “SDRplay” button). However I don’t know the difference between RSP1A and RSP1.

With the new version of Multipsk, for you it will be the same. The sole difference will be the possibility to directly start up the new version of rscp_tcp (V1.1), for RSPdx receivers.

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de WB9EZB
Envoyé : mardi 7 juillet 2020 23:55

Hello all,

I am running multipsk 4.43 and

Using a Sdrplay RSP1. I can use

I/Q interface if I run rsptcp before starting multipsk. With

The new version of multipsk will

I still have to run rsptcp before

Starting multipsk?  Thanks Patrick for a great program !

On Jul 7, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Patrick Lindecker <f6cte@...> wrote:

Hello Fred,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Fred

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick,

I have, as you suggested, reverted to the "last good" setup and all is working fine.

Thanks for the fine software,

Fred

Patrick Lindecker

>I have, as you suggested, reverted to the "last good" setup and all is working fine.
Nice.

Patrick

Envoyé : mercredi 8 juillet 2020 21:44

Hi Patrick,

I have, as you suggested, reverted to the "last good" setup and all is working fine.

Thanks for the fine software,

Fred

Avast logo

www.avast.com