Topics

Please Help - Sound Card is being used by another program!! #HelpNeeded #multipsk

Jason Howard

I had this program working perfectly but I’m not sure what happened. Every time I load the Multipsk program it says “MultiPsk cannot function because the line In of the sound card is in use by another program” I’ve changed every setting I cant seem to solve this problem with no luck. I’ve reinstalled virtual cables, updated every driver I can. Can anyone help me please?

Jay
VA3JTH

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Jay,

The message that you have means that Multipsk cannot open the sound card input through the standard API waveInOpen, i.e., for an unknown reason, the sound card input is not accessible by the Windows API. Try to start Multipsk with another sound card to confirm that it is related to a particular sound card.

I had this program working perfectly but I’m not sure what happened. Every time I load the Multipsk program it says “MultiPsk cannot function because the line In of the sound card is in use by another program” I’ve changed every setting I cant seem to solve this problem with no luck. I’ve reinstalled virtual cables, updated every driver I can. Can anyone help me please?

Jay
VA3JTH

Steve Collins

Hi If you’re using Windows 10 you might try setting the sond input to stereo mix – not sure if it would work but worth a try as you could always set it back if not.

73 Steve

The message that you have means that Multipsk cannot open the sound card input through the standard API waveInOpen, i.e., for an unknown reason, the sound card input is not accessible by the Windows API. Try to start Multipsk with another sound card to confirm that it is related to a particular sound card.

I had this program working perfectly but I’m not sure what happened. Every time I load the Multipsk program it says “MultiPsk cannot function because the line In of the sound card is in use by another program” I’ve changed every setting I cant seem to solve this problem with no luck. I’ve reinstalled virtual cables, updated every driver I can. Can anyone help me please?

Jay
VA3JTH

Hello

I remember that it has been spoken of cases of “no sound card found” due to a deactivation by an update of Windows 10 (similar to the Jay’s problem)

For example, these emails on this this group…

Hello Mike,

>To get things working, I have plugged in an old USB sound-card and plugged a microphone into it and now MultiPSK works fine

This means that Windows detects this sound card but not the mother-board one.

Have you plugged a cable in your mother-board sound card? If so, the sound card is deactivated. There were emails about this subject, on this forum. I remember that it was related to a Windows up-to-date.

For example, the 18/05/2018

Hi Hugh,

This link might help....
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-update-1709-broke-sound-card-install/aa942ba3-8b01-4823-bd2d-3727a158f9ed