Topics

Multipsk - APRS

Steve Rose

Hi all...

Using Multipsk and the following links for APRS....that for me integrates both very well....

For example can track in real time on map RS41 Radiosonde Balloons beyond my receiving range and when in range Multipsk kicks in well with more info...

APRS.fi takes lot of screen resources so tend to keep Show Last and Tail options to minimum....registration is free and gives more options...log in is easy ..
Having screen default local view saves lot of time as APRS.fi can open anywhere in the world) Just right click on current view you and and save...

Google Map and Street View tracking in real time.....world wide...

Never realised how diverse APRS was/is....and both Multipsk and APRS.FI complement each other very well...
3 links below...first link seems  to be a bit more diverse...free registration to log on)

Seems  to work better in Chrome browser.....Internet explorer not good.....have not tried Edge Win 10

  https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=9&call=&others=1&timerange=900&tail=0       (( don't use Win 10 internet explorer as for some  reason cant log myself out))

https://radiosondy.info/

https://www.aprsdirect.com/

I should note this not an alternative to Multipsk APRS but more of an expansion of interest.....no bad thing with some decline in ham radio )
73 Steve UK

Paul Gulliver

Hmm, interesting,

Referring to the https://www.aprsdirect.com/ site, there seems to be a couple of balloons around the Plymouth area at the moment tracking NE. The WX symbols are , I assume, ground based weather stations as for the rest of the symbols they have me baffled at the moment.

Around Dartmouth there is an icon for a motor vehicle labeled as 2E0PSV-10 - so is this something being tracked, its marked as 2km/h 129deg

Certainly a site worth bookmarking for further reference - thanks for the links

Paul

On 08/03/2020 at 12:48, Steve Rose <stevesden1@...> wrote:
[...]

Hi Paul..glad you found it interesting......do log on to to aprs site as this gives lot more configuration.....eg tails etc..and length of track....and live tracking....

Those baloons were from Camborne Cornwall.....launching times not always easy to find.....Larkhill site launch near here about 10.30am.....will change to about 9.30am with Summer Time change due.....link below gives live ballons ...
The motor vehicle you saw can be live tracked with street map.....click on car icon and options of tracking......again log onto site first......

73 Steve UK

https://radiosondy.info/

Paul Gulliver

Thanks Steve, I'll create an account with them

Paul

On 08/03/2020 at 15:32, Steve Rose <stevesden1@...> wrote:
Hi Paul..glad you found it interesting......do log on to to aprs site as this gives lot more configuration.....eg tails etc..and length of track....and live tracking....

Those baloons were from Camborne Cornwall.....launching times not always easy to find.....Larkhill site launch near here about 10.30am.....will change to about 9.30am with Summer Time change due.....link below gives live ballons ...
The motor vehicle you saw can be live tracked with street map.....click on car icon and options of tracking......again log onto site first......

73 Steve UK

https://radiosondy.info/

Steve Rose

Your welcome Paul.......log into link below for Radiosonde info as well.....if need be for live tracking.....not sure if you have too) just try it...)
Obviously if no baloons up youget blank screen..

https://radiosondy.info/

73 Steve UK

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Steve and Paul,

Thanks for the interesting links about Radiosondes.

Your welcome Paul.......log into link below for Radiosonde info as well.....if need be for live tracking.....not sure if you have too) just try it...)
Obviously if no baloons up youget blank screen..

https://radiosondy.info/

73 Steve UK

Steve Rose

Your welcome Patrick...,,keeps the interest going and amazed how many Radiosondes there are in France-Europe compared to UK where we have only 3 or 4 launch sites...
I am using Win 10 and find Internet Explorer is giving a few problems with .io Groups and tend now to use Chrome browser..

73 Steve UK..

Patrick Lindecker

>3 or 4 launch sites

Not bad, however, due to the reception range (several hundreds of km).

Your welcome Patrick...,,keeps the interest going and amazed how many Radiosondes there are in France-Europe compared to UK where we have only 3 or 4 launch sites...
I am using Win 10 and find Internet Explorer is giving a few problems with .io Groups and tend now to use Chrome browser..

73 Steve UK..

Steve Rose

Can only receive one radiosonde site out of the 4 and that is Larkhill site about 30 miles south of here....the others are too far away)
I am using Discone antenna which is probably not the best for reception.....
73 Steve UK.