Multiple Virtual Receivers

Gilberto Rivera

I'm attempting to have MPSK decode, three virtual receivers in SDRuno.

Each receiver output is set to the same virtual cable, so that, MPSK sees only that virtual audio cable (don't know if there's a way for MPSK to receive from multiple virtual cables)

It seems that MPSK can only handle one virtual receiver at a time, looking for confirmation on this.

TIA.

agene

Hi Gilberto,

Make 3 folders, Multipsk1, Multipsk2 and Multipsk3
Copy all the files in your current Multipsk folder into each of these 3 folders
Make 3 desktop icons, 1 for each folder and name them Multipsk 1, 2 and 3
Now set each one to receive from a separate VAC , 1, 2 and 3
Then you can set up SDRUno so that each VRX sends to a separate VAC
Will then work fine.

Gilberto Rivera

agene, thanks for your reply.

As I went to bed last night, I left the SDR (an RSPdx), it was decoding fine.

This morning, MPSK stopped decoding VDL2 signals.

I've checked and rechecked the sound card settings in MPSK and made sure I saw signals in the waterfall.

I then switched to regular ACARS frequencies and MPSK decoded them fine.

I'm still unsure on what the settings in SDRuno ought to be for VDL2.

In USB mode, I couldn't decode anything, when I switched to Digital mode, MPSK worked, and I said worked because that's were I left it at.

It's frustrating knowing everything was working fine before I went to bed, and now this.

If anyone else could help me troubleshoot this, or give me some tips / pointers, I'll appreciate it.

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Gilberto,

There is an ambiguity in your message. Are you speaking of a RSPdx or a SDRuno?

RSPdx can be interfaced directly by Multipsk. SDRuno cannot, you must use a dedicated program and a VAC.

What is your configuration?

>I'm still unsure on what the settings in SDRuno ought to be for VDL2.

There is no specific settings. Multipsk (in SdR configuration) must receive rough I/Q signal from the VAC (at 48 kHz, 16 bits).

As I went to bed last night, I left the SDR (an RSPdx), it was decoding fine.

This morning, MPSK stopped decoding VDL2 signals.

I've checked and rechecked the sound card settings in MPSK and made sure I saw signals in the waterfall.

I then switched to regular ACARS frequencies and MPSK decoded them fine.

I'm still unsure on what the settings in SDRuno ought to be for VDL2.

In USB mode, I couldn't decode anything, when I switched to Digital mode, MPSK worked, and I said worked because that's were I left it at.

It's frustrating knowing everything was working fine before I went to bed, and now this.

If anyone else could help me troubleshoot this, or give me some tips / pointers, I'll appreciate it.

Gilberto Rivera

Hi Patrick,

Apologies for the confusion.

Yes, I'm using SDRuno, just wanted to clarify the hardware part.

Last time I posted, I wasn't able to get MPSK decode with those settings.

Right now, it is decoding VDL2, although in SDRuno, I use the digital mode as opposed to USB.

It seems to do the trick.

Also, I tried doing the MPSK running without SDRuno. For some reason, the levels were below what the MPSK manual says should be to decode VDL2.

I'm no longer pursuing the multiple instances of MPSK, is adding more complexity than I have time to manage or sort out, for now.

Patrick Lindecker

OK Gilberto,

Nice if you solve the problem with the SdRuno (that I don’t know).

Yes, I'm using SDRuno, just wanted to clarify the hardware part.

Last time I posted, I wasn't able to get MPSK decode with those settings.

Right now, it is decoding VDL2, although in SDRuno, I use the digital mode as opposed to USB.

It seems to do the trick.

Also, I tried doing the MPSK running without SDRuno. For some reason, the levels were below what the MPSK manual says should be to decode VDL2.

I'm no longer pursuing the multiple instances of MPSK, is adding more complexity than I have time to manage or sort out, for now.

Fred Albertson

Hi Patrick and Gilberto,

I think this is what Gilberto is doing.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

It is raw USB using the "Digital" setting for SDRUno.

Note that the bandwidth has to be set at 24k for this to work.

Tuning and levels are pretty critical too.  Too low or high a level will make it not work.

This is how I was able to do VDL2 with my Winradio G-305E before I got the RSP.

Doing it through MultiPSK/SDRPlay or SDR is far superior and easier to make work.

Great day,

Fred

Gilberto Rivera

Hello Fred,

Indeed, I'm feeding MPSK the raw USB using the Digital setting of SDRuno.

I'd love to see the picture you posted in the left, with a better resolution, just for comparison purposes.

The picture on the right, of SDRuno, I can make enough details to know it is similar to what I have, except that you have your AGC settings to "MED" while I have mine set to "OFF".

Fred Albertson

Hi Gilberto,

I use dual monitors, so when I do a screen print, it is pretty wide.  This is only the MultiPSK side.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Gilberto Rivera

Was curious about the "QRG" window. Didn't have it on mine. Since I looked closer at your pic, I located the button on mine, however, it is not displaying the current frequency of SDRuno. Not a deal breaker though, it is doing what I want.

Just wanted to compare and see where I could improve.

Thanks!