Topics

Mike Simsons Display Launcher

Derek Henderson

Hi I have trying to get in touch  with Mike using his mail address agene@... But unfortunately the mail master keeps returning my mail
with not known Does anyone know if he has changed his mail contact info If so could you let  me know the new address
Derek Henderson

Paul Gulliver

Derek,

You could try him with this email  virtualtrains@...

but the chances are he will see this post, I know he monitors this group and others.

Paul

On 14/11/2019 at 12:28, Derek Henderson via Groups.Io <derekhenderson1953@...> wrote:
Hi I have trying to get in touch  with Mike using his mail address agene@... But unfortunately the mail master keeps returning my mail
with not known Does anyone know if he has changed his mail contact info If so could you let  me know the new address
Derek Henderson

Derek Henderson

Thanks Paul Will wait and see

MadMike

Hi Derek,

When we got a new fibre broadband network here, I had to change ISPs so got new email address and new web site (still being updated)

Email is as Paul said - virtualtrains@...
Web site as under.

What did you wish to know regarding Display-Launcher? You can email me direct.

Derek Henderson

Mike What is the full mail address virtualtrains@???????? Have tried  using that using optusnet just returns it

Derek

Paul Gulliver

Derek,

The address Mike gave you is the full address  virtualtrains@...
Perhaps the problem is with your mail server?

If you have a question about the operation of Display Launcher you could try asking here, I'm sure Patrick won't mind, quite a few of us here use the program, it's just possible we may be able to help, if not Mike will see it, remember his time zone is 10-12 hours different to UK.

Paul

On 15/11/2019 at 12:26, Derek Henderson via Groups.Io <derekhenderson1953@...> wrote:
Mike What is the full mail address virtualtrains@???????? Have tried  using that using optusnet just returns it

Derek

Derek Henderson

Hi Paul have tried to contact Mike to no avail OK  MPSK is running fine Port 3125 all correct boxes checked When I run DL I click connect turns green connected
in DL options I select MPSK/QSO #1 and confirm But now after selecting MPSK/QSO#1 I will get a list eg C:  GMDSS  DATA LOGS etc and nothing in DL

Its these log paths I have trouble with getting my head round
any ideas

RGDS Derek

Paul Gulliver

Derek

Assuming the data is being decoded/displayed in Multipsk OK,  have you set the program (MPSK) to do regular backups of the QSO, they should be set for either 30 seconds or 1 minute (in the main decoding window, click on the QSO button near to the top of the window)
It may be just the way you worded your message, but select the Multipsk paths in Display Launcher before pressing the start button in DL

Paul

On 15/11/2019 at 16:14, Derek Henderson via Groups.Io <derekhenderson1953@...> wrote:
Hi Paul have tried to contact Mike to no avail OK  MPSK is running fine Port 3125 all correct boxes checked When I run DL I click connect turns green connected
in DL options I select MPSK/QSO #1 and confirm But now after selecting MPSK/QSO#1 I will get a list eg C:  GMDSS  DATA LOGS etc and nothing in DL

Its these log paths I have trouble with getting my head round
any ideas

RGDS Derek

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Derek,

Have you GMDSS data in the regular Multipsk QSO files?

  • with the "Regular back-up" button, it is possible to regularly and automatically save the QSO in progress, in an incremental way, in the same file "QSO" + UTC date+".txt".The interval in seconds or minutes is defined by the user (with the spinbutton: 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 seconds or from 1 to 900 minutes).

Hi Paul have tried to contact Mike to no avail OK  MPSK is running fine Port 3125 all correct boxes checked When I run DL I click connect turns green connected
in DL options I select MPSK/QSO #1 and confirm But now after selecting MPSK/QSO#1 I will get a list eg C:  GMDSS  DATA LOGS etc and nothing in DL

Its these log paths I have trouble with getting my head round
any ideas

RGDS Derek

Derek Henderson

Hi Patrick  Yes Messages do appear in the QSO file I have mine set regular update 1 minute

Derek

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Have you GMDSS data in the regular Multipsk QSO files?

  • with the "Regular back-up" button, it is possible to regularly and automatically save the QSO in progress, in an incremental way, in the same file "QSO" + UTC date+".txt".The interval in seconds or minutes is defined by the user (with the spinbutton: 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 seconds or from 1 to 900 minutes).

Hi Paul have tried to contact Mike to no avail OK  MPSK is running fine Port 3125 all correct boxes checked When I run DL I click connect turns green connected
in DL options I select MPSK/QSO #1 and confirm But now after selecting MPSK/QSO#1 I will get a list eg C:  GMDSS  DATA LOGS etc and nothing in DL

Its these log paths I have trouble with getting my head round
any ideas

RGDS Derek

Paul Gulliver

I'm not sure why qso paths should cause a problem, in my case I have Multipsk installed in C:/Multipsk  so the QSO folder is C:/Multipsk/QSO and it's this path you need to enter in Display Launcher under Options:Multipsk1 log path.
There isn't much else to set up. Have you tried a different mode such as VDL2 or HFDL, I'm not sure why it should help but you never know.
One other point to note, neither program should be installed in the "program files" folder - I always install directly under the C:/ folder

Paul

Derek Henderson

Hi Paul Both MPSK and DL are installed C:\  not programs  Yes I agree when I click Options in DL

I select MPSK1Logpath and confirm But now when I look at :file paths: in options I do not see that

I see C:\   Display launcher  GMDSS SHIP DATA   SHIP LOGS in a list

A bit stumped at the moment   Derek

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm not sure why qso paths should cause a problem, in my case I have Multipsk installed in C:/Multipsk  so the QSO folder is C:/Multipsk/QSO and it's this path you need to enter in Display Launcher under Options:Multipsk1 log path.

There isn't much else to set up. Have you tried a different mode such as VDL2 or HFDL, I'm not sure why it should help but you never know.

One other point to note, neither program should be installed in the "program files" folder - I always install directly under the C:/ folder

I see C:\   Display launcher  GMDSS SHIP DATA   SHIP LOGS in a list

Well thats where the problem lies, I don't use GMDSS but I just set up the module and I attach a screen shot of how mine looks - showing the correct path to Multipsk.
I don't understand why yours is not saving the correct path - try one of the other modules - you don't have to receive the data just try entering the path location and see if it saves

Paul

Derek Henderson

Yes Paul that’s it This weekend  ! I am going to do a re install of DL and see if that makes a difference

I will check everything and keep you posted  on developments Once again Paul Thankyou very much

For your very kind help

Rgds Derek

Sent from Mail for Windows 10