Topics

Mike Simsons Display Launcher

Derek Henderson

Hi I have trying to get in touch  with Mike using his mail address agene@... But unfortunately the mail master keeps returning my mail
with not known Does anyone know if he has changed his mail contact info If so could you let  me know the new address
Derek Henderson 

Paul Gulliver

Derek,

You could try him with this email  virtualtrains@...

but the chances are he will see this post, I know he monitors this group and others.

Paul

On 14/11/2019 at 12:28, Derek Henderson via Groups.Io <derekhenderson1953@...> wrote:
Hi I have trying to get in touch  with Mike using his mail address agene@... But unfortunately the mail master keeps returning my mail
with not known Does anyone know if he has changed his mail contact info If so could you let  me know the new address
Derek Henderson 

Derek Henderson

Thanks Paul Will wait and see

MadMike

Hi Derek,

When we got a new fibre broadband network here, I had to change ISPs so got new email address and new web site (still being updated)

Email is as Paul said - virtualtrains@...
Web site as under.

What did you wish to know regarding Display-Launcher? You can email me direct.

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia

Derek Henderson

Mike What is the full mail address virtualtrains@???????? Have tried  using that using optusnet just returns it

Derek 

Paul Gulliver

Derek,

The address Mike gave you is the full address  virtualtrains@...
Perhaps the problem is with your mail server?

If you have a question about the operation of Display Launcher you could try asking here, I'm sure Patrick won't mind, quite a few of us here use the program, it's just possible we may be able to help, if not Mike will see it, remember his time zone is 10-12 hours different to UK.

Paul

On 15/11/2019 at 12:26, Derek Henderson via Groups.Io <derekhenderson1953@...> wrote:
Mike What is the full mail address virtualtrains@???????? Have tried  using that using optusnet just returns it

Derek 

Derek Henderson

Hi Paul have tried to contact Mike to no avail OK  MPSK is running fine Port 3125 all correct boxes checked When I run DL I click connect turns green connected
in DL options I select MPSK/QSO #1 and confirm But now after selecting MPSK/QSO#1 I will get a list eg C:  GMDSS  DATA LOGS etc and nothing in DL 

Its these log paths I have trouble with getting my head round 
any ideas

RGDS Derek

Paul Gulliver

Derek

Assuming the data is being decoded/displayed in Multipsk OK,  have you set the program (MPSK) to do regular backups of the QSO, they should be set for either 30 seconds or 1 minute (in the main decoding window, click on the QSO button near to the top of the window)
It may be just the way you worded your message, but select the Multipsk paths in Display Launcher before pressing the start button in DL

Paul

On 15/11/2019 at 16:14, Derek Henderson via Groups.Io <derekhenderson1953@...> wrote:
Hi Paul have tried to contact Mike to no avail OK  MPSK is running fine Port 3125 all correct boxes checked When I run DL I click connect turns green connected
in DL options I select MPSK/QSO #1 and confirm But now after selecting MPSK/QSO#1 I will get a list eg C:  GMDSS  DATA LOGS etc and nothing in DL 

any ideas

RGDS Derek

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Derek,

Have you GMDSS data in the regular Multipsk QSO files?

• with the "Regular back-up" button, it is possible to regularly and automatically save the QSO in progress, in an incremental way, in the same file "QSO" + UTC date+".txt".The interval in seconds or minutes is defined by the user (with the spinbutton: 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 seconds or from 1 to 900 minutes).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Derek Henderson via Groups.Io
Envoyé : vendredi 15 novembre 2019 17:15
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Mike Simsons Display Launcher

any ideas

RGDS Derek

Derek Henderson

Hi Patrick  Yes Messages do appear in the QSO file I have mine set regular update 1 minute

Derek

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 15 November 2019 17:14
To: multipsk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [multipsk] Mike Simsons Display Launcher

Hello Derek,

Have you GMDSS data in the regular Multipsk QSO files?

• with the "Regular back-up" button, it is possible to regularly and automatically save the QSO in progress, in an incremental way, in the same file "QSO" + UTC date+".txt".The interval in seconds or minutes is defined by the user (with the spinbutton: 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 seconds or from 1 to 900 minutes).

Patrick

De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Derek Henderson via Groups.Io
Envoyé : vendredi 15 novembre 2019 17:15
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] Mike Simsons Display Launcher

any ideas

RGDS Derek

Paul Gulliver

I'm not sure why qso paths should cause a problem, in my case I have Multipsk installed in C:/Multipsk  so the QSO folder is C:/Multipsk/QSO and it's this path you need to enter in Display Launcher under Options:Multipsk1 log path.
There isn't much else to set up. Have you tried a different mode such as VDL2 or HFDL, I'm not sure why it should help but you never know.
One other point to note, neither program should be installed in the "program files" folder - I always install directly under the C:/ folder

Paul

Derek Henderson

Hi Paul Both MPSK and DL are installed C:\  not programs  Yes I agree when I click Options in DL

I select MPSK1Logpath and confirm But now when I look at :file paths: in options I do not see that

I see C:\   Display launcher  GMDSS SHIP DATA   SHIP LOGS in a list

A bit stumped at the moment   Derek

Sent: 15 November 2019 18:16

I'm not sure why qso paths should cause a problem, in my case I have Multipsk installed in C:/Multipsk  so the QSO folder is C:/Multipsk/QSO and it's this path you need to enter in Display Launcher under Options:Multipsk1 log path.

There isn't much else to set up. Have you tried a different mode such as VDL2 or HFDL, I'm not sure why it should help but you never know.

One other point to note, neither program should be installed in the "program files" folder - I always install directly under the C:/ folder

Paul

Paul Gulliver

Well thats where the problem lies, I don't use GMDSS but I just set up the module and I attach a screen shot of how mine looks - showing the correct path to Multipsk. 
I don't understand why yours is not saving the correct path - try one of the other modules - you don't have to receive the data just try entering the path location and see if it saves

Paul

Derek Henderson

Yes Paul that’s it This weekend  ! I am going to do a re install of DL and see if that makes a difference

I will check everything and keep you posted  on developments Once again Paul Thankyou very much

For your very kind help

Rgds Derek   

Sent: 15 November 2019 18:55

Well thats where the problem lies, I don't use GMDSS but I just set up the module and I attach a screen shot of how mine looks - showing the correct path to Multipsk. 
I don't understand why yours is not saving the correct path - try one of the other modules - you don't have to receive the data just try entering the path location and see if it saves

Paul

MadMike

Hi Derek,

I see that Paul has sent you all the details you really need to get GMDSS-Display working, but just to clarify,

1. Run MultiPSK - set QSO to 30 secs
2. Run GMDSS-Display
3. Go to Options menu and select 'MultiPSK1 Log Path'
4. This brings up a folder selection box, navigate it to where you have MultiPSK set up, should be something like C:\MultiPSK\QSO in your case
5. Click 'Confirm'
6. You should now see the data on the grid.

If not, please send me an email with attachments of one of your QSO files and also the file DisplayLauncher\GM3_options.txt
and I will let you know where the problem lies.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Derek Henderson

Hi Mike enclosed attachment Mike when I downloaded DL back onto the pc for some reason it ended up in C:\ tools I have MPSK installed in C:\ and so should 
DL be installed in C:\  I have tried several uninstalls and re installs It downloads it extracts to were I say C:\ but when I look in C:\ it does not appear 
Every thing seems to run as it should But as you can see its not as it should be Any ideas ???? Maybe a gremlin in the laptop

Derek Henderson

Paul Gulliver

Hi Derek,
The screen shot looks perfectly ok to me, that is the default setting for the new installation, re-open that window and navigate back up to C:  and then to the QSO sub-folder within the Multipsk folder. Click confirm to close the window and hopefully save the setting. You can confirm the setting by clicking Options:show path  the path saved should be to the QSO sub folder as shown in the clip I posted yesterday
The actual location of Display launcher is not important providing it's not the the Program Files folder 

You should then be set to go - fingers crossed

Paul

On 16/11/2019 at 13:08, Derek Henderson via Groups.Io <derekhenderson1953@...> wrote:
Hi Mike enclosed attachment Mike when I downloaded DL back onto the pc for some reason it ended up in C:\ tools I have MPSK installed in C:\ and so should 
DL be installed in C:\  I have tried several uninstalls and re installs It downloads it extracts to were I say C:\ but when I look in C:\ it does not appear 
Every thing seems to run as it should But as you can see its not as it should be Any ideas ???? Maybe a gremlin in the laptop

Derek Henderson

Derek Henderson

Hi Mike  As requested  Cannot find a GM3 txt  only GM2

Derek H

MadMike

Hi Derek,

Those settings look OK, however it does not appear that you have the latest version of GMDSS-Display, however that should not matter, it should work OK  with any version. The GM3.txt was in the newer version of the program which is why I expected you to have it. 

My HF antenna is currently broken (I also have terrible interference here at this time), so have not used GMDSS for some time. I will see if I can get it working again soon.

Regards, Mike Simpson

Derek Henderson

Hi Mike Thanks for your prompt reply From what can see this end its a problem in the PC

MPSK works OK and DL is showing Ok Path is showing MPSK\QSO  I have had problems before

With this what it is ???? but will find out  and let you know if anything comes up

Intend to un install DL and do a re install with newest version  Is that the one

On your downloads page ? version 6.17 So don,t go putting yourself to any trouble Mike

I will try and sort it  And a big thankyou to yourself and Paul for helping me with this

BTW what is full mail address  direct I tried  several times  to no avail

Bst Rgs Derek Henderson

Sent: 16 November 2019 21:41

Hi Derek,

Those settings look OK, however it does not appear that you have the latest version of GMDSS-Display, however that should not matter, it should work OK  with any version. The GM3.txt was in the newer version of the program which is why I expected you to have it. 

My HF antenna is currently broken (I also have terrible interference here at this time), so have not used GMDSS for some time. I will see if I can get it working again soon.

Regards, Mike Simpson