De : multipsk@groups.io [mailto:multipsk@groups.io] De la part de Joao Araujo
Envoyé : jeudi 25 février 2021 00:32
À : multipsk@groups.io
Objet : Re: [multipsk] CW not work #multipsk #multipsk

On narrow mode not works too.

Thierry

Hi Joao,

Time to time I use Multipsk to decode CW from hamradio and already made QSOs using this way.
For decoding I use CW mode on my transceiver (for TRX, I use USB mode)
My experience is that signal must be enough strong to the program well decode (I always use Narrow).
If there is a stronger or very strong station no so far from the station you want to decode, it will be very difficult to Multipsk to decode. You must use narrow filter on your transceiver/receiver to help it. My good old FT-857d doesn't have these good filter you can find now on newer transceivers. Anyway, if signal is not so strong It is difficult to get 100% or at least 80% of decoding.

When I look at your screenshot, it seems the signal you receive from PY4ME is not that strong. As suggest Patrick, push QRP button, it may improve the decoding.
It works on my side.

Hope it will help you. Anyway, I can assure you that Multipsk can decode very well CW.

73 de Thierry

Le 25/02/2021 à 00:30, Joao Araujo a écrit :

My multipsk never worked with simple CW
The results is on atachment.
I need any help;
Joao

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Joao,

I agree with Thierry. The signal must be very powerful (and of course alone) if the Wide filter is used. With the Narrow filter, it is less necessary. Moreover, if the CW is not automatic or if it is manual but not well keyed, the decoding will not be  good or even possible (because the program expects a keying close to the standard, to determine the CW speed and then to decode the character).

In all cases, a human being is better that a decoding program, this because it is not possible to emulate, by program, the way a human being decodes Morse.