Topics

Auto responder modes

Bradley Glen

Hi
Along with the Winlink and ALE running on the same PC due to low traffic in our area ,I would like to add an additional one or two modes to create some more interest and use.

Currenlty I run Winlink , PC-ALE and Multipsk .

In Multipsk I would like advise on which modes can be set to auto respond,either by mode design OR if macro's are required to decode certain key words and then respond.

The aim is if I  can get two or three modes set for Basic , intermediate and advanced .
This would help get novice digital users used to a basic call and respond , then go onto a call and chat type in PAX for example and so on .

Any advise would be appreciated .

Kind regards

Bradley Glen
ZS5BG

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Bradley,

For example, ALE400 (/FAE) has a responder:

Working in responder

If "Responder" button is pushed, the ARQ FAE responder sends the message located inside the "ARQ FAE mail to send:" editor on reception of a selective call for you (call, for which the connection is automatic). It is also possible to accompany the message with a file which will have been previously selected (see the previous chapter for the management of the "File to send" button and the "Attached file" box). This will allow, for example, by connection to the responder, to receive a measurements file, updated by a specific application working in parallel to Multipsk on the same PC, the file being transmitted without error.

Management of the messages:

·         the responder message is not stored,

·         but the received message with or without attached file is considered as a mail and is stored in the mailbox.

Important: you must set the RS ID permanently "ON" (for non-limited versions only) to switch automatically from one ARQ FAE transmission to the other. For this click on the "Identifiers" button then check "Continous" on the "Detection mode" menu.

Afterwards, on the "RX/TX" screen, push on the "RS Auto-detect." button.

After one minute of inactivity, the responder ends the connection but keeps ready for another connection.

In Packet and in PAX/PAX2, you have also an automatic responder.

Along with the Winlink and ALE running on the same PC due to low traffic in our area ,I would like to add an additional one or two modes to create some more interest and use.

Currenlty I run Winlink , PC-ALE and Multipsk .

In Multipsk I would like advise on which modes can be set to auto respond,either by mode design OR if macro's are required to decode certain key words and then respond.

The aim is if I  can get two or three modes set for Basic , intermediate and advanced .
This would help get novice digital users used to a basic call and respond , then go onto a call and chat type in PAX for example and so on .

Any advise would be appreciated .

Kind regards

Bradley Glen
ZS5BG

brad@...

Hi Patrick

Thank you very much .

I have started reading and setting up  PAX /PAX2 and this may be an additional mode to run for the basics.

Yes I did experiment with ALE400 and found that interesting and had it running yesterday .

Currently I am having difficulty getting my station to get a response from my hf server set on PAX/PAX2,  but have not double checked all the setup both sides , t it is work in progress.

====

Could you provide me with more information on this area:

This will allow, for example, by connection to the responder, to receive a measurements file, updated by a specific application working in parallel to Multipsk on the same PC, the file being transmitted without error

This could be very useful in trying to get more local hams involved in the digital modes.

Thank you

regards

Bradley

ZS5BG

Along with the Winlink and ALE running on the same PC due to low traffic in our area ,I would like to add an additional one or two modes to create some more interest and use.

Currenlty I run Winlink , PC-ALE and Multipsk .

In Multipsk I would like advise on which modes can be set to auto respond,either by mode design OR if macro's are required to decode certain key words and then respond.

The aim is if I  can get two or three modes set for Basic , intermediate and advanced .
This would help get novice digital users used to a basic call and respond , then go onto a call and chat type in PAX for example and so on .

Any advise would be appreciated .

Kind regards

Bradley Glen
ZS5BG

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#2663): https://groups.io/g/multipsk/message/2663
-=-=-
The Multi Mode Digital Software for Amateur Radio, SWL, Utility DXing, Aircraft and ship monitoring and more!   <br /><a href="http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm" target="_blank">http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm</a><br />Moderated by Andy K3UK and Gary K7EK
-=-=-
Group Owner: multipsk+owner@groups.io

Patrick Lindecker

Brad,

Between Pax and ALE400 (or 141A), prefer the second one because ALE400 is more reliable and has been more used and so more debugged.

Could you provide me with more information on this area:

This will allow, for example, by connection to the responder, to receive a measurements file, updated by a specific application working in parallel to Multipsk on the same PC, the file being transmitted without error

I have never tried such option, but it might work, in principle. In  ALE400 (or 141A) (/FAE), click on “Aux functions” to see the responder.

Click right over the “/FAE” button for the manual about responder and other features.