Topics

ALE-400 handshaking continuous with similar callsigns

Bradley Glen

Hi Patrick

Issue being experienced with ALE-400.

When I use the my callsign as ZS5BG1 on my HF server and I call from my shack as ZS5BG or any other call with "ZS5" then the handshaking takes place indefinitely .

If I change my user callsign to something like 500 , 123 ,ZS4BG  ,then a single handshake takes place as per normal confirming connection .

I experienced a simialr situation when using the 5 and 6 letter callsigns on ALE -141 some time back between Multipsk and Icom F7000 and PC-ALE - ALl worked fine with 3 letter digits but the moment one uses 5-6 format there were issues as being experienced on ALE-400.

I am using Mpsk 4.4 on both Win7 professional .

Can you advise a workaround .

Thank you in advance

Bradley Glen
ZS5BG

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Bradley,

>Issue being experienced with ALE-400.
Do you mean in “/FAE” protocol or not “/FAE” ? Could you give some details on the configuration on the HF server (ALE is “rich”), or snapshots?

>I am using Mpsk 4.4 on both Win7 professional .

4.4 or 4.41 ?