TCP/IP for other computers

C. van Ravenswaaij

Hi Patrick,

I use the TCP/IP function in Multipsk to pipe info from several instances of Multipsk to HFDL-display and GMDSS-display. My computer is running out of sources to facilitate this. Would it be possible to allow the TCP/IP stream not only to the computer in use, but also to a computer in a local network?

Thanks in advance,

Cornel
PA3BTS

agene

Hi Cornel,

The latest versions of HFDL-Display and GMDSS-Display no longer use TCP/IP to copy data from MultiPSK, it is only necessary to set the QSO time to 20seconds and the programs read the data in virtually real time.

C. van Ravenswaaij

Hi Mike,

First of all: thanks for your great software, I use it on a regular basis.
My question then would be: can HFDL-display also grab data from network folders?

Best regards,

Cornel

Patrick Lindecker

Hello Cornel,

I don’t know much this domain, but is’nt it possible (under Windows, using Wifi) to build a net of computers so as to work from a computer on files created by another computer?

First of all: thanks for your great software, I use it on a regular basis.
My question then would be: can HFDL-display also grab data from network folders?

Best regards,

Cornel

agene

Hi Cornel,

I am not really sure about this, however I did have DumpVDL2-Display grabbing data from a Linux PC using the program Samba which passed the data from the Linux PC to a 'Z:' directory under Windows 10 and that worked fine using the same code used in the HFDL-Display unit. (I can't get this to work now as some change in Windows or my Linux distribution broke my network links)

So it should work.

Original msg:-