15770 KHz 27/2/2021 13:30z - Ailunce-HS2 & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR

George Konstantopoulos (Mobile)

15770 KHz 27/2/2021 - Ailunce-HS2 & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR-1
Let's give a try with AIlunce-HS2 & a Vertical Antenna from QTH KM17vx - Athens

Pure reception but MultiPsk works fine !!!

Best Regards

73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx

Jef

Hi George,

Nice!

Just a question: Why do you tune to 15.771 which is 1khz higher?

On my IC-7300, I use USB or USB-D, instead of AM and play with the Different filters, which gives better results...

At the beginning of the transmission there is a kind of logo/hologram in the waterfall... but to quick to take a picture of it...

73!

Jef

ON8NT

Op 27/02/2021 om 15:08 schreef George Konstantopoulos (Mobile):

15770 KHz 27/2/2021 - Ailunce-HS2 & MULTIPSK - WRMI-SWR-1
Let's give a try with AIlunce-HS2 & a Vertical Antenna from QTH KM17vx - Athens

Pure reception but MultiPsk works fine !!!

Best Regards

73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx

Attachments:

George Konstantopoulos (Mobile)

Hello Dear Jef,
many thanks for your observations and suggestions !!!
I live in the center of the capital Athens, and i am surrounded by buildings and a i have a lot of interference. I don't get always the best. I do several testing with several receivers like SDR dongles and HackRF. Back in the old time i was using an AR8200.Recently I tried many times to setup my new Ailunce HS2 and a vertical SW Antenna to my QTH but always i get bad signal to my QTH (KM17vx).
Anyway i try everything AM, USB and filters like NR, NB, AGC etc. I got the best results with AM. But sometimes i think LSB works better. IC-7300 is an unbeatable receiver and always you will get the best of it in comparison with others. Ailunce HS2 has 2 modes (SDR & USB), now i am experimenting with SDR.
As for the offset tuning of center frequency, many times happens this and am  trying to fix it.
Many thanks agains
many 73s
Best Regards
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx

Jef

Hello George,

OK about your working condx...

I'm living in a small city, not in the centre... in an apartment on the topfloor, which helps... I use mobile whips (hamsticks) for different bands on the balcony , with the ground connected to the railing of the balcony... works quiet OK, but it needs some experimenting... but that's what ham & swl is all about...

I have been many times in Athens, I like the city very much! I have nice memories...

Have a nice WE!

73!

Jef

ON8NT

https://www.ddars.net/

Op 27/02/2021 om 20:26 schreef George Konstantopoulos (Mobile):

[...]

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 09:42 PM, Jef wrote:
ON8NT
Dear Jef,
thanks for your kind words, i think Athens is a heavy populated area of Greece (half of Greece population is here), of course the country has the best beauties all around, either in the mountain areas or to the islands and sea. I wish us to recover fast from the pandemic restriction and feel free to travel and enjoy again, not only for our work but also for holidays. If you ever come here i will be glad for a meeting.
As for my equipment i am in the 3rd floor and i installed all Antennas (see some of them attached) to the top of the building over the 5th floor, i surrounded by other tallest buildings and  i totally loose horizon from 155-225d. Anyway i try experimenting. The best place is when i visit Crete island where we have a country home in Chania and there is a free RFI and open horizon place. One of my brothers live there, he is pensioner now, but his was in the military for almost 40 years, he served in the navy. Once upon in his life for 3 years was served in Mons NATO Base in Belgium, and i visited Belgium many time. If i don't make a mistake (as i checked in qrzcq.com) you are originated from Belgium ? Also happed to be in your country and i have only good words to say for the people and the entire country, we visited most of the cities.
In qrzcq.com you can see my profile too.
Anyway many thanks for the contact. Feel free to communicate and make you observations, we all become better following others corrections and suggestions for the good.  My email is gkonst@...
Finally as about your Antennas you use something like that, if i understand well  (it is portable and excellent for TX/RX) : https://www.moonraker.eu/spx-100-9-band-plug-n-go-hf-portable-antenna
Best Regards, i wish health and keep safe
73s
George Konstantopoulos
SY1COP / KM17vx